So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

WoW Vanilla Server - Elysium

Discussion in 'PC Games - Lobby' started by Deuce, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dsan

3. Dsan

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  4. Dsan

5. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I downloaded a mod that ignores messages from players under level 5, is this essentially the same type of premise?

6. Dsan

7. Alicia

Hey guys...there's like 3 PVP servers now and one non-pvp. Which PVP server are most people playing on? Of those that are pvping anyways.

8. Dsan

As far as I know it's Rawr and people he knows from elsewhere, on the Elysium PvP server (not the 1/13 server).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rawrr

Rawrr Active Member JFF Member

@Alicia I've got a level 18 horde rogue on Elysium

I also started a horde priest on the newest server (Zeth'Kur) this weekend with a friend, we got to level 12/13.

Not sure what I'll stick with tbh.... No queue on the newest server and the fact that 11k pop on Elysium is way too much, so new server looks appealing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dsan

I can't deal with this anymore. The new servers are too crowded and the respawns on quest items are too long, longer than retail vanilla. Too many asshats making it all worse.

I'm not making any new characters until after the launch rush. Sticking to the PvE server it seems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dsan

Man. Finally managed to get one of the quests done. Took advantage of time to pick pocket mobs and make a few silver. :P

12. Rawrr

Maybe they changed something on the new servers as mobs and item spawns are really quick for me.

With mobs I'm pretty sure the more people in the area the quicker the respawns.

Can make some killer cash early game with pickpocket, just a shame stealth sucks so bad unless you spec into it.

13. Dsan

Based on my vanilla retail experience I think I can say pretty confidently that stealth isn't working right. Most mobs essentially ignore it altogether.
    Maybe it was like that in even older versions of wow but definitely not in 1.12.1.

14. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

15. Rawrr

Yeah I remember stealth been pretty poor unless you spec'd into it in the sub tree but I'd assume it's worse here.
    There was a video of 2 people testing it by dueling and they could see the guy in stealth from like 30yards away, although 'supposedly' this got fixed, would be interesting to test it out.

And then the servers were down for almost 24 hours.... in fact one server is still down.

I'd assume the stuff between Nost and Elysium is that Blizzard are just stepping on Nost again and they have to make it appear they are against it etc.

16. Dsan

The human racial makes it like that if the level difference is enough but it shouldn't be that way normally.

17. Alicia

18. Dsan

They've already made the switch away from Nost data and code, should be fine.