So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

WoW Vanilla Server - Elysium

Discussion in 'PC Games - Lobby' started by Deuce, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

The old Nostalrius vanilla server has moved to a new team and is being relaunched as Elysium. Their website is here: Elysium Project — Vanilla 1.12.1 Legacy Server. Click on "Play Now" on the left to create your account and download the client and you're in. The server launch is scheduled for Saturday, December 17th at noon CST.

A number of us are planning to play Horde on the PvE server (I believe Rawrr is planning to go PvP), so feel free to come join us. It would be great to have a group of 5 - 10 (or even more) that level and run dungeons together on a regular basis. We could certainly create a guild if there are enough of us, or we could find an existing one to join together if not.

You can find the Elysium forums here: Elysium-project Classic World of Warcraft Server 1.12.1, 1.12.2

A nice Add On pack can be found here: ForexalUI - A HUGE Addon pack - 34 Addons - FOR USE NOT CLEANLINESS - UI, AddOns & Macros - Elysium-project.org

For those that play, please post your character names and classes in this thread once your characters are made so others can find you more easily.

I'll likely be on TS when in game. Hope to see some folks join us!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Just a heads up. I'm keeping an eye on a wow emu called Crestfall. It won't be out for a good while yet so it won't interfere with Elysium any time soon.
    As usual, I suggest that people play whatever class they think is interesting. Don't worry too much about group composition. Nostalrius had a large player base and there are always alts so we should be able to pug any gaps in dungeons.

I'll look through that mod pack sometime but I can make some recommendations as well. I kept of all them that I used from other emus.
    Speaking of which, if you plan to look at vanilla wow private servers in general hang onto the client files. Each emu uses the same version for the most part - have yet to see an exception.

I have to test out the pet AI on Elysium but if it seems to function okay I'll be playing a hunter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I might poke around on this. Just to be clear, all you can do right now is download everything. The actual servers won't be up and available to pick until the 17th, right?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dsan

Correct.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dsan

I don't remember if the intro cinematic is included with the downloaded clients so here it is for anyone that's never watched it.
    I can see why people want to play on PvP realms. :P

View: https://youtu.be/srkeqFc2P14

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alicia

7. Dsan

I might try out this addon pack. It seems a bit more advanced as far as trying to customize but for me I think it might be worth it. Here's hopin.
    [UI] ElvUI 3.3.5a Remake for 1.12.1
    [​IMG]

This one looks kind of cool too though...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  8. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

It looks like I may have miscalculated originally. Based on their website timer, it looks like launch is at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, rather than noon.

80,000 accounts and counting...

9. Dsan

From what I understand the majority of the Nost population was on the PvP server. So hopefully the PvE server won't be too overloaded.
    And, since there are so many transfer accounts, maybe the noob areas won't be crowded. Maybe...

10. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

Yeah I think this is accurate. The majority was on the PvP server, and the new majority is waiting for the fresh PvP server, so we should have a lot of space to operate.

11. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

Characters
    Superguy - Troll Mage (PvE)

12. Alicia

If my character doesn't get rolled back...
    Syberia - Undead Mage

13. Dsan

Khor - Orc Hunter (PvE)

Also, huge population. Enough for 2 or even 3 servers...

14. Rawrr

Rawrr Active Member JFF Member

It'll die down most likely, also I think only the PvE server is up, so everyone waiting for the other servers are prob messing around on the PvE one until then.

15. Alicia

That's a good point. PVP isn't up yet so a lot are probably waiting for that one.

16. Rawrr

Rawrr Active Member JFF Member

How's the server going? Still high queues or settled down a bit?

17. Alicia

I haven't waiting in a queue during the weekday...on PVE.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dsan

I have about a 20min queue right after work. Seems to vary from time to time.

19. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

I can't believe they are still limiting PvE so much....

20. Dsan

alt: Karanak - Tauren Shaman (PvE)