[Waiting for User] Why do players show as logged in status when they are logged out of the server?

Ciro

JFF Member
7D2D RAT Supporter
well rat only shows what the server tells it soo have you tried the player refresh button to see if it updates the player list?

badplayer

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
7D2D RAT Supporter
That sometimes happens to me too.
Did you try just restarting RAT??

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
This is usually due to RAT not seeing them log out. Meaning, either RAT wasn't running when they logged out, RAT missed the event for a reason (a mod changing the message, or... just missed the messed), etc. So they are still listed as online.

When you start RAT, I set all players to offline and then requery the player list and update then. That way things keep in sync at some point. However, the bigger reason is why does it keep happening. So, check for any mods that might alter a disconnect message, errors that get thrown when a player disconnects, etc.

noisy pants

JFF Supporter
7D2D RAT Supporter
This is usually due to RAT not seeing them log out. Meaning, either RAT wasn't running when they logged out, RAT missed the event for a reason (a mod changing the message, or... just missed the messed), etc. So they are still listed as online.

When you start RAT, I set all players to offline and then requery the player list and update then. That way things keep in sync at some point. However, the bigger reason is why does it keep happening. So, check for any mods that might alter a disconnect message, errors that get thrown when a player disconnects, etc.
Now that I think about it, I think it started when I start using server tools - I'll have to take a look and try to figure out what's going on; thank you.