So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Where do you sell your old components?

Discussion in 'Electronics and Computing' started by Alchymia, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Alchymia

Alchymia Member JFF Member

I am upgrading the guts to my rig and instead of having my old components collect dust in a closet, I would like to sell them and get whatever I can (which won't be much, I'd imagine) to offset my new components. I don't have an ebay account I sell from. So far I've come up with craigslist (sketchy-ish), Facebook (look for a local component-trading page), or find a Meetup that does likewise. ...

Any suggestions help!

PS. Good to be back!

2. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

I've got nothing. Mine are either given away to people, or sit in boxes in my closet/garage. The meetup idea isn't bad though, I should see if there is one around here for that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I usually try to offload old equipment onto friends or family that don't do gaming. My old stuff is often better than whatever it is they're using.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alchymia

Alchymia Member JFF Member

Unfortunately (or fortunately), they are all several hours and states away... and if I ended up doing anything to their computers, i'd be the one responsible for everything that would happen or go wrong with it. And, I don't think they could build a computer to save their lives... I'll stay out of that battle. I'll at least ask some of my more tech-savvy friends.

5. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I'm building my nana a PC with mine lol

6. Chris

Chris Member JFF Member

Yeah I've always gifted my old parts to friends and family.

I've used Craigslist to sell all kinds of things though and has worked great. I always meet them at a local coffee shop and trade.

• Like Like x 1
  7. trillionsin

trillionsin New Member JFF Member 7D2D RAT Supporter JFF Supporter

Reddit. HardwareSwap • r/hardwareswap

If you are familiar with Reddit already, great. If not, you may need to build a rep in order to sell or buy from some people. There's always a risk associated with this, but they have minimized the scams as much as possible.