So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Vanguard

Discussion in 'Free / Browser Based Games' started by Hyip, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Hyip

Hyip Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Vanguard soh will be free to play this month. One of the best games I have ever played. I just hope they will have another pvp server.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

Sounds more like a trial membership than any F2P thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

Yeah it was ridiculous, wasn't F2P at all. They have since changed a number of things that should make it better.

Zatozia made a post with the changes here.

Code:
    For COIN allowance, we bumped the coin limit from 1 plat to 3 plat for FREE players.
    For ITEMS, we included "Uncommon and higher" for FREE players. Some items will still be limited but it will be on a case by case basis.
    For In-game Mailing, we give FREE players full access, but at higher mailing rates.
    For CHAT, we give FREE players full access.
    For the BROKER system, we give FREE players full access, but at higher broker fees for placing items up for sale.
    I have a level 25ish bard. May pop in now and then once it goes free.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I've seen such restrictive limits on f2p before... they hope they can get people to buy each option separately or spring for a sub. I'd call it a trial if it were level-capped below max and had most of those features off instead of limited.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

Thanks for posting the update, Krom. Apparently they made some changes six days after their first announcement.

I still don't understand why they would charge $15 for a sub, for an older title with such outdated graphics and poor animation. They should drop it to $7/mo. I think usually newer F2P games have the $15/mo premium option, not older games.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1