Unable to detect Alloc's Fixes and BCManager

Encryptid

I've been through this installation 3 times now trying to cover my bases and figure out what I'm missing. The server will start and we can play on it just fine. I get "green" on Telnet and if I open a DOS command prompt I can telnet in on port 8081 from there as well with my password. Alloc's Fixes and BCManager commands even show up in the "help" command but the lights stay RED for both. Any ideas? I'm thinking of deleting EVERYTHING and starting from a completely new install and map altogether (although I'd rather not force everyone to start a different map).

Any help greatly appreciated. I'll check-in as often as I an to follow up with you guys.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I've been through this installation 3 times now trying to cover my bases and figure out what I'm missing. The server will start and we can play on it just fine. I get "green" on Telnet and if I open a DOS command prompt I can telnet in on port 8081 from there as well with my password. Alloc's Fixes and BCManager commands even show up in the "help" command but the lights stay RED for both. Any ideas? I'm thinking of deleting EVERYTHING and starting from a completely new install and map altogether (although I'd rather not force everyone to start a different map).

Any help greatly appreciated. I'll check-in as often as I an to follow up with you guys.
There is no need to reset your map for a problem like this, so don't do it. =)

In RAT, does the telnet connection light go green? That is required before the mods (allocs, BCM) can be detected. If so, go into the console tab and type "version" (no quotes). Then paste the results here please.

Encryptid

There is no need to reset your map for a problem like this, so don't do it. =)

In RAT, does the telnet connection light go green? That is required before the mods (allocs, BCM) can be detected. If so, go into the console tab and type "version" (no quotes). Then paste the results here please.
Telnet = Green
Server = Green

2017-12-31 23:26:10 version
2017-12-31 23:26:10 85.287 INF Executing command 'version' by Telnet from 127.0.0.1:51171
2017-12-31 23:26:10 Game version: Alpha 16.4 (b8) Compatibility Version: Alpha 16.4
2017-12-31 23:26:10 Mod Allocs command extensions: 14
2017-12-31 23:26:10 Mod Allocs server fixes: 16
2017-12-31 23:26:10 Mod Allocs MapRendering and Webinterface: 22

NOTE - Upon booting the server I did see and error in the console window that reads:

2017-12-31 23:25:08 *** ERROR: unknown command 'bc-lp'

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Telnet = Green
Server = Green

2017-12-31 23:26:10 version
2017-12-31 23:26:10 85.287 INF Executing command 'version' by Telnet from 127.0.0.1:51171
2017-12-31 23:26:10 Game version: Alpha 16.4 (b8) Compatibility Version: Alpha 16.4
2017-12-31 23:26:10 Mod Allocs command extensions: 14
2017-12-31 23:26:10 Mod Allocs server fixes: 16
2017-12-31 23:26:10 Mod Allocs MapRendering and Webinterface: 22

NOTE - Upon booting the server I did see and error in the console window that reads:

2017-12-31 23:25:08 *** ERROR: unknown command 'bc-lp'
If you see that, then BCM isn't installed/correctly. Make sure you have the BCManager folder in your Mods folder.

Encryptid

upload_2018-1-1_1-21-50.png

Just wondering if this directory structure looks correct to you?

EDIT: Of course I have extracted the archive for Bad Company into the BCManager folder, which didn't exist, I had to create the folder.

Last edited:

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 997

Just wondering if this directory structure looks correct to you?

EDIT: Of course I have extracted the archive for Bad Company into the BCManager folder, which didn't exist, I had to create the folder.
That appears to be correct, as long as the mod files are in the BCManager folder (which is what it sounds like you are saying is the case). Try deleting the entire BCM folder, then reinstalling the mod.

Also, make sure you are using this version of the mod: Release Version 2.2.3 stable · 7days2mod/BadCompanySM · GitHub

Encryptid

Okay, I'll give it a try when I get home from work today. Just to be clear, you are saying delete the Bad Company manager folder (and everything within), then copy the files there again. Is that it? Is there an executable I need to run for the install or am I just copying the files to that location? Can I leave Alloc's fixes in place?

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I'll give it a try when I get home from work today. Just to be clear, you are saying delete the Bad Company manager folder (and everything within), then copy the files there again. Is that it? Is there an executable I need to run for the install or am I just copying the files to that location? Can I leave Alloc's fixes in place?
Yup, just delete the folder and its contents and recopy them in from the link I gave you. There's nothing to "install" or uninstall. Leave Allocs there for now. Once you do that, make sure you restart your server so it can pick up the mod changes.

Encryptid

I must have had the wrong version? It's working now! Awesome... this is great!

EDIT: One last thing. Is there a resource with a list of in game or console commands? I've been trying to setup some teleport options with !at xxxxx but I don't know all of the available commands.

Last edited:

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I must have had the wrong version? It's working now! Awesome... this is great!

EDIT: One last thing. Is there a resource with a list of in game or console commands? I've been trying to setup some teleport options with !at xxxxx but I don't know all of the available commands.
Glad to hear its working for ya now. =)

As for console commands, if you click the Gear icon (event editor) in the RAT toolbar, and then the "Console Commands" tab, there's a list there.

You can also go to the Console window and type "help" and that'll display all commands as well.

Nightwatch

Hi there,

I am having a the same problem but I tried all of the above a couple of times. I did a version check and it shows the mods and all but it does not give me the green lights.
log.png

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,

I am having a the same problem but I tried all of the above a couple of times. I did a version check and it shows the mods and all but it does not give me the green lights.
View attachment 1019
Try fully deleting the BCManager folder and reinstalling BCManager. This has happened before when there was an old install of it or otherwise and issue when the files were dropped in. If it was working correctly anyway, the command above in your screenshot that says "bc-lp" would not return an error. That's what points to the bad BCM install.

If it still doesn't work after that, please let me know and we'll do what we have to do to get you going. =)

Nightwatch

Thank you very much for the reply. I manage to figure out where my mistake was. Just so glad for this application as it was easy to just update my server files, and that is what the problem was. I think my server was running on a older version somehow. But now it is running smooth.

Myron W King

So, I'm renting a server from BlueFang. I have RAT up and running. Telnet is green. I can see players and do some things through RAT, but getting bc errors similar to above:

2018-04-19 19:55:51 *** ERROR: unknown command 'bc-version'
2018-04-19 19:55:51 *** ERROR: unknown command 'bc-admins'
2018-04-19 19:55:51 *** ERROR: unknown command 'bc-time'
2018-04-19 19:55:51 *** ERROR: unknown command 'bc-admins'
2018-04-19 19:55:51 *** ERROR: unknown command 'bc-lp'

"version" produces:

2018-04-19 19:56:40 60016.542 INF Executing command 'version' by Telnet from 98.230.189.153:59165
2018-04-19 19:56:40 Game version: Alpha 16.4 (b8) Compatibility Version: Alpha 16.4
2018-04-19 19:56:40 Mod Bad Company Manager: 2.5.1 (16.4b8)
2018-04-19 19:56:40 Mod Allocs server fixes: 17
2018-04-19 19:56:40 Mod Allocs MapRendering and Webinterface: 24
2018-04-19 19:56:40 Mod SDX: 1
2018-04-19 19:56:40 Mod SMX: A16.4B8R2

Server mod folder:

upload_2018-4-19_19-58-22.png

Any ideas?

zewtastic

And you restarted your server? I assume so.
That looks like it is on a Linux server, there may still be Directory permissions issues? You do not show the next level up in the directory.

Myron W King

And you restarted your server? I assume so.
That looks like it is on a Linux server, there may still be Directory permissions issues? You do not show the next level up in the directory.
Forgot to mention, I can't get the BC and Alloc lights to go green.
Capture2.JPG

Yeah, I have restarted a few times. Here is a shot of the next level up (I'm assuming you are referring to the permissions on the mod directory):

upload_2018-4-20_19-43-32.png

Last edited:

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the problem looks like BCManager isn't installed or isn't installed correctly. In the console window, type: version

That should return the version of BCM. If nothings shows up, then you know your problem. If BCM shows up, they need to install it correctly/again. They need to delete the existing folder (if there is one) and not overwrite the files. Then write the new ones.

Myron W King

Yeah, the problem looks like BCManager isn't installed or isn't installed correctly. In the console window, type: version

That should return the version of BCM. If nothings shows up, then you know your problem. If BCM shows up, they need to install it correctly/again. They need to delete the existing folder (if there is one) and not overwrite the files. Then write the new ones.
I'll try deleting and reinstalling again, but I've done that once already. Also, I posted my current version results in my first post. Looks like everything is there. Any recommendations for reinstalling? I've read that the server may need to be stopped during upload? Any other thoughts? I'm assuming all I need to do is upload the BCManager folder to the mods folder and that's it, correct?

Myron W King

I reinstalled again this morning and still not working. I did shut down the server while I was pushing the mods. Still doesn't seem to be working. Do these mods have issues with Ravenhearst?

Edit: just checked again and lights are green; must take a few minutes to update the mod lights. Seems the only difference was shutting the server down during upload.

upload_2018-4-21_9-27-49.png