Trekkan's Pathfinder Campaign - Work in Progress

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
So I'm looking at using the following tools for a campaign.

D20Pro - general online gameplay/maps displays, etc.
Hero Lab - character creation
Campaign Cartographer 3 - map design/generation

No idea how this is going to work out, but I think I'll start creating the thing and see where it goes. When I used to DM years ago, that's how things worked and everyone liked the games. We'll see anyway, should be fun to create the stuff.

It's going to take much longer that it would of before, with the standard paper and pencil gaming. There, I could just make up whatever. With this, since so much of it will be visual, it'll have to be pre-made, which also might limit the creativity of the game while playing (making stuff up. :) ).

Alchymia

JFF Member
You are setting up a game? If we are interested in participating, what requirements would we need and/or what do we need to purchase to play? Just curious!

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
You are setting up a game? If we are interested in participating, what requirements would we need and/or what do we need to purchase to play? Just curious!
Well, I'm starting up creating a campaign anyway, at least a small adventure and whatnot to begin with. See how people like it, etc. Someone else might want to GM, etc... I'm good with all that. =)

As for what requirements and whatnot... I'm not sure yet. We'll all start with new characters, probably level 1 (even though usually you wanna start at level 3, because you level so fast, editing sheets sucks.) But as it's a new game, sheets are in a program and all of that, it shouldn't be a problem.

For things that you'd need to purchase, that's variable.

First, if you want to see how things work in general, aren't sure if you'd like to be a player or GM, you should probably check out: http://www.jffgaming.com/forum/threads/pathfinder-beginners-box.126/

That'll give you some basic guides on how the game works overall, from both the Player and GM perspectives. It's basically a small subset of rules and whatnot to get your feet wet.

If you're sure you want to be a player and not a GM, then you'll need a copy of: http://paizo.com/products/btpy88yj?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Core-Rulebook

If you think you might want to GM, then you'll need a copy of: http://paizo.com/products/btpy8ffn?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-GameMastery-Guide
as well as the player guide.

There are also plenty of other materials that could be used later down the road, there's 3 beastary books for the GM, other players rules/guides, etc. But those two, depending on what you want to do, are necessary to play the game.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Ohh, you'd also need the 2 programs mentioned in the first thread, the d20Pro and the Herolab. It's going to take me a bit to get things setup/going and all of that (probably a week or two), plus all of the headaches of whoever is playing (including myself), learning how the software works, how the game works, etc.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I mirror the comments Alchymia has. I am very interested in playing with you guys.
Awesome, well, the more people the better (up to 6 maximum, any more is too hard to deal with, especially just starting out). Plus, people with much better memories than I have are good too. So many things to remember. =)

SlipWraith

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I have only dabbled a little in this sort of gaming (it was starwars). I'm looking forward to it although it will be a couple weeks until I can afford the game...

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I have only dabbled a little in this sort of gaming (it was starwars). I'm looking forward to it although it will be a couple weeks until I can afford the game...
No worries, It'll be a bit for myself as well as far as having things ready or otherwise something put together so we can all beat it up, scream about it and try and make something worth a crap later. =)

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I've created a private forum for those that think they'd like to play the Pathfinder game. If you're interested, please let me know and I'll grant your access there. It'll probably open up public eventually, but we'll see. In anycase, let me know. =) @Deuce, you already have access.

Alchymia

JFF Member
I'm interested, please add me. I'll need to make sure that times work, etc, but I'm rather excited!