The Secret World

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Yeah, I'm thinking about the whole spoiler thing now but I can say that after 2 whole days of solid TSW I don't really feel like I experienced all that much. I made numerous toons to try out different skills and only one of them left Kingsmouth, just to see what Savage Coast looks like, and that toon didn't even complete all of Kingsmouth.

so, tsw goes live in two weeks... I'm thinking I'll grab it after all. We just gonna go random directions or should we all try to hit the same server?
Suggestion: Since Chimaera is also a closed beta server it will likely be flooded by beta players, if they keep that name for live... I think it'd be a good idea to roll elsewhere.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, we didn't/couldn't leave Kingsmouth when we played, but we didn't finish it either. Since everyone ends up there, we figured we'd save the quests for live is all.
[MENTION=32]Dsan[/MENTION], would be good if we can roll on the same server, but whatever works for everyone really. I don't know who all is planning on playing at release, right now I think it's just You, me and Peace. So whatever server is good for us I think.

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I didn't realize release was so soon. They still have quite a bit to hammer out, imo. I won't be buying the game cuz I'm broke, though it would be nice to have it as a distraction while waiting for GW2.

On another note, I have to say one big turn off for me, as an avid alt-aholic, that also turned me off from SWTOR a bit, is the fact that everyone ends up in the same areas for the same quests...over and over again. I was hoping that changing factions would give you at least different starting areas but it looks like everyone ends up in Kngsmouth =/ guess its just one of those things I'm getting spoiled to in GW2 lol

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
On another note, I have to say one big turn off for me, as an avid alt-aholic, that also turned me off from SWTOR a bit, is the fact that everyone ends up in the same areas for the same quests...over and over again. I was hoping that changing factions would give you at least different starting areas but it looks like everyone ends up in Kngsmouth =/ guess its just one of those things I'm getting spoiled to in GW2 lol
This is a big factor for me too. Not to bring up the unmentionable, but WoW still has the largest zone variety out of every MMO I've played with WAR coming in pretty close second.
After playing Kingsmouth close to 6 times this weekend without getting ultra bored, I think I can handle some repeat. Hopefully the AP will be regular enough that experimenting w/ one toon isn't off the table.

The mob toughness is a little bit annoying too. But, I think that was intentional to promote grouping.

I hope it works out, this is my last game purchase for a good while!

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Q2J7NKGRK7AF8VKRKL8L

There's the code for the beta weekend coming up. The last and final beta weekend. If you use the code please post that you do so nobody else tries to use it. See ya in game!

Alchymia

JFF Member
Question...
So I got a code from one of you... but there is also a free beta weekend if you register on their site....
Are these 2 different betas? I think I saw someone saying in our shoutbox that they were going to be in a different beta than the one for the masses...

mmmkay.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Question...
So I got a code from one of you... but there is also a free beta weekend if you register on their site....
Are these 2 different betas? I think I saw someone saying in our shoutbox that they were going to be in a different beta than the one for the masses...

mmmkay.
The beta code you got and the ones for free are the same (or should be). The difference is that some people are in the closed beta, which is on another server from the open beta.

Alchymia

JFF Member
The beta code you got and the ones for free are the same (or should be). The difference is that some people are in the closed beta, which is on another server from the open beta.
soooooo.... the people on closed beta got a code to give to their friends with zero possibility of playing with them in a beta... that's kind of dumb.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
soooooo.... the people on closed beta got a code to give to their friends with zero possibility of playing with them in a beta... that's kind of dumb.
Actually I don't think so, I also got a code for myself and a friend for the open beta. So basically, closed beta people got a code for open beta, and one for a friend in open beta.

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Yeah closed beta people can play with weekend testers using a file they provide us. The code above is a weekend beta test code.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Best I can tell all the codes flying around for this weekend are for the same set of servers. This is the open beta before launch, head start begins a week from Friday.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
[MENTION=12]Hansbrick[/MENTION] Awesome man, we'll see ya in game for sure then! =) And Yeah, happy birthday, old fart!

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Unless something changes between now and Friday I'm planning to play on the dimension Huldra. In reality this only affects the Fusang Projects PvP zone, but it does count as the "home server" and will be the default location for questing, etc.

The unofficial designations for servers have been tentatively declared by some in the TSW community and Huldra is the only one unclaimed for anything specific.