So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

The Hobbit, First Trailer

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Trekkan, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eM--4UklaL4

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Wretched

Wretched Member JFF Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0FDZA9_j9U

• Like Like x 1
  3. SlipWraith

SlipWraith Member JFF Member

+1 for awesome

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Been following their production videos on the facebook page. I know it's not out until December '12, but I'm kind of excited.
    I still think the dwarves look a little... thin. A proper dwarf is short and stocky with an epic beard. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dsan

Kind of old now, but their latest production video as far as I know, talks about the 3D filming technology they will be using in the Hobbit.

Summary: 48 fps instead of 24 fps, concept art drawn in "3D" (old school red and blue), and using custom system to capture and view 3D as they film. Andy Serkis runs one of the film crews now in addition to playing Gollum. :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trekkan

As long as they also have everything in normal 2D, I'll be fine. Otherwise, I just might go beat the crap out of Mr. Jackson...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dsan

I'm not a fan of 3D movies at all..... AT ALL. But I think if anyone can pull it off properly Jackson. He seems incredibly picky about his filming.
    Avatar was heavily toted for its 3D style but I thought it was terrible, 2D version was much better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trekkan

Yeah, I only saw the 2D version. The other thing is, people like myself, can't handle the 3D. It kicks in my vertigo, making the movie completely unwatchable. Nevermind that I don't think 3D is the "way to go" for movies anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

Looks awesome. Should be fun to see more of the story. Chalk me up as another that can do without 3D, although I hear that 3D TV's have the best 2D picture, but who knows.

I think the Hobbit is a two movie deal too, so probably another one a couple years after this. Hard to believe the first one of these was 10 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trekkan

It is a multi-movie setup, but it's going to be released almost a year to the day as this one. So, only 1 year until the first, 2 years until the second (from now).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alchymia

Alchymia Member JFF Member

I can't see the preview... it says the video is private.... ><

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trekkan

Weird, its just a youtube video.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dsan

Well it's all over the internet... I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

Production vid #5 is also out there now.

• Like Like x 1