The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem...

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I'd be happy to volunteer to take your poor abused no longer used mice ;)
I'll have to take an inventory of them and see if there are any people might want. I have no problem giving away stuff I no longer use. =)

It's more than just mice with Trek. I have in my possession his old "Claw".
And yes... as you can see [MENTION=21]SlipWraith[/MENTION], [MENTION=27]LuckyShot[/MENTION] has some of my old hardware too. I'm amazed he still has that, although it's probably in a junk drawer and not used. ;)

So yeah, I guess it's just peripherals overall that I have a problem with. On the plus side for others, they at least benefit from my addiction. ;)

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I'll be waiting patiently for an inventory. My Razer is still doing that weird double click thing but I haven't picked out a replacement yet. Also, have you gotten the future mouse yet? Is it amazing?

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I'll be waiting patiently for an inventory. My Razer is still doing that weird double click thing but I haven't picked out a replacement yet. Also, have you gotten the future mouse yet? Is it amazing?
I bought it the day I mentioned it. =) However, here is my review on it.

The Good

Overall, the mouse works great and the wireless has had no issues.

Battery life is 12ish hours, etc... so it should be good no matter what you're doing. You can also plug it into the USB cable and use it wired if needed.

The charging dock is nice, the mouse magnetically connects to the dock and snaps into place for charging.

You can slide the back of the mouse in and out to adjust to your hand, but you have to use a screwdriver (provided) and there's only 3 settings to choose from, you can't slide it anywhere on the rail and make it fit. Not a big deal, but annoying since i've had another mouse that did this correctly.

The Bad

The mouse has two buttons I didn't even know existed on the sides. You basically squeeze the mouse with your thumb and the whole left side is a "trigger". The problem with this is that you end up pressing other buttons on the other side of the mouse because it's so difficult to press. This effectively eliminates the possibility of using either of those two buttons. So you're down to 9 buttons (from the overall 11) on the mouse. The other problem with this is that in order to use these two buttons, you end up moving the mouse all over the place to try and get enough force to press them. Completely unusable to me.

That leaves only two buttons on the left and two on the right that you can program to do anything useful. The other buttons are the standard left and right, DPI up and down, scroll wheel click.

So really, you're now down to a mouse with 4 programmable buttons. The ones on the opposite side from your thumb (the mouse is ambidextrous), aren't really all that usable as your pinkie finger sits under those buttons and it's crazy awkward to hit them at all. You end up moving the mouse in ways you don't want to, just to hit the button. Aiming and hitting those buttons will pretty much not work out the way you want.

The Verdict

So, for $160.00 USD... the mouse isn't anywhere near worth it. I wanted this since I saw it announced and now... I'll be returning it because... it's just bad design. Great hardware quality, etc.. but the design is total bunk.