SWTOR to go F2P..

Rawrr

JFF Member
Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) lead designer Emmanuel Lusinchi has revealed that BioWare is taking a look at the free-to-play model, mostly to assess competition and to prepare for a future that is permanently changing. The first step is to make Star Wars: The Old Republic free up to level 15 with the scheduled July update.

In an interview with gamestm, Lusinchi admits that Bioware acknowledges the need to adapt in the increasingly overpopulated MMO genre. He said, “The MMO market is very dynamic and we need to be dynamic as well. Unless people are happy with what they have, they are constantly demanding updates, new modes and situations. So we are looking at free-to-play but I can’t tell you in much detail. We have to be flexible and adapt to what is going on.”
http://www.mmobomb.com/news/swtor-going-free-to-play?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+freemmogamer+(MMOBomb.com)

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Yeah, I read that they're looking at some F2P models but I haven't heard any confirmation that they ARE going F2P. I did read that the first 15 levels were/are going to be free to play though.