So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Subscription no longer required!

Discussion in 'The Secret World' started by Trekkan, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/subscription_no_longer_required

Short version, you have to buy the game still (30.00), but there's no longer a monthly fee and the entire game is open to you. They have a sub option as well (you can read about it in the above link), but sounds pretty lame to me. So, if you bought the game, no more monthly fee. If you haven't, it's 30 bucks to play all of the content.

2. Ronus

Ronus Member JFF Member

OK, I only had a chance to play in one of the first Betas, and only for a little bit. I had D3 and GW2 coming out so I didn't pay this much attention. Now that it's F2P..... I need some info :D

How is it overall? MMORPG has this as the 2nd highest "hyped" game with an 8.5, behind GW2. All the other "mainstream" mmo's are far benid this one. Looking for some quick info as far as whether or not to purchase.

Just an FYI for those that may not know, if you buy and register the game before 12/31 you get update #5 for free when it hits sometime next month. Otherwise you have to pay for it.

So???? Buy or no buy??? :p

3. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

I found it to be a good game, other than I hated the combat. Sili liked that part of it though so I think it is more my personal preference than anything wrong with the game. Basically you need to setup multiple "builds" depending on what you want to do. Since I hated configuring those, it drove me nuts. But for those that like to specialize that way, you'll probably like it.

The game itself otherwise is really good. The environments are probably one of the best I've seen and the immersion is really good because of that. The attention to the world detail is amazing. For 30 bucks, I'd buy it and I'm still not against playing it at all. I know that Sili has been trying to get me back into the game, but I haven't wanted to because of the monthly fee. That being gone, I might actually play again.

In short, even though I really dislike the combat, I still think it's worth the 30 bucks.

4. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

5. Ronus

Ronus Member JFF Member

Well worth the $15.00 I just spent :p Now I just need to figure out how to get more than 24 hours in a day so I have time to play it....