So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Sim City

Discussion in 'Sim City' started by Trekkan, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

So PC gamer posted a story about a leaked 11 minute video for SimCity beta. It was removed, but I found it elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HlYWk7ahIA

If that's busted by the time you read this, I saved a copy locally, you can DL it here: www.jffgaming.com/files/SimCity_Beta_Tutorial.mp4

Anyway, I've always loved Sim City and will be playing it for sure. You can link your cities to friends, etc.... so if you're planning on playing we should all play together. =)

Ohh, if you're interested in the beta, you can sign up now: http://www.simcity.com/en_US/beta/info

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I can't believe I remembered my Origin ID on the first try. I signed up. Never played SimCity!

3. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I was a huge fan of SC1 and SC2k, played SC3 quite a bit as well. Ever since then I've been disappointed in their game design for the series... SC4 was kind of crappy and SC Societies was a huge deviation, though quite good.

I'll sign up for beta just to get the chance to demo the game. ;)

I liked what I saw in the video!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  4. Hyip

Hyip Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I have always liked Simcity games. I have not preordered yet. Trek if you bought it already. Let me know. I signed up for beta a long time ago.

5. Trekkan

Nope, I haven't actually bought it yet, I will when the time comes or there's some sort of deal. However as it's on Origin... I'm not expecting one.

6. Silifaira

Silifaira JFF Administrator JFF Member

Lucky you Alicia. I had to reset mine...and I still don't remember it.

7. Ananke

Ananke New Member JFF Member

Beta applied for...SimAnt anyone?

8. Hyip

Sim Ant was my favorite

9. Trekkan

Wow, I actually forgot about SimAnt!

Good to see more people having interest in the game. Should be fun!

10. SlipWraith

SlipWraith Member JFF Member

I signed up for the beta a couple months ago and never heard back. This is one I'll buy for sure.

11. Dsan

SimAnt was ok... used to play SimFarm a lot too. I miss Maxis.

12. Alicia

I second that.

13. Alicia

Okay, I caved and bought SimCity today from GreenManGaming. Anybody else pre-order it? Do we get to build next to each other if we want to? I don't know how it works, I have one hour of playtime :(

14. Hyip

yes you can invite or be invited to regions. $60 is a lot for that game I think. I would like to buy it myself But I am afraid that you are going to have to pay for most DLC.

15. Alicia

I got it for $7 off from GreenMan...so that's at least some kind of discount, still over 50 though. I'm watching videos on it now to get a better idea.

16. Trekkan

Sili and me played it on the last beta day. She created a JFF Gaming region and I was able to join it. I'm not entirely sure how many people can be in a region though... if you find out that information it would be good to know.

Was kind of cool to watch our cities interact without us specifically having to do things (although you can/do specify many things). But apparently I needed some more fire trucks, so her town sent them to help combat my large amount of fires, my city was sending hers my extra garbage trucks, etc.

So... at the very least both her and myself will be playing it.

17. Dsan

I watched some beta videos last week. It appears there are a number of regions to pick from with different terrain and city slots. They only played in the little region, that's been in almost all of the promo footage, so I can't really say if the others support more than 3 players.

18. Alicia

19. Hyip

how many here bought the game?

20. Alicia

as far as I know...Sili, Trek, me and Chris.