[Accepted] REQUEST: Ability to post Player Names on Webpage?

Draugr

Not sure if CAT would be the program that could do this, but might there be a way to send the same data that shows who is currently connected to the server to a webpage so that visitors could see who is currently connected to the specific server they play on?

Just an idea.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if CAT would be the program that could do this, but might there be a way to send the same data that shows who is currently connected to the server to a webpage so that visitors could see who is currently connected to the specific server they play on?

Just an idea.
I can have the information output in a format (JSON/XML) that could be consumed by a webpage, but that would require each person to write whatever code is necessary for them to display it on their website. Which, I have no problem doing, and will at some point, but ultimately its up to each person to consume and display the data on a website themselves.

DJThorTX

had seen this was accepted, has this been implemented yet? This would be extremely helpful to know if someone or clan is online for raiding. we try and keep people from offline raiding and this would help let them know whether or not they are online or not and what clan they belong too. Thanks again.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
had seen this was accepted, has this been implemented yet? This would be extremely helpful to know if someone or clan is online for raiding. we try and keep people from offline raiding and this would help let them know whether or not they are online or not and what clan they belong too. Thanks again.
Nope, not yet, but knowing more people want it, helps move it higher on the list. =)

Xyniik

JFF Member
@DJThorTX , I know it isn't the best solution but as a temporary fix until it gets implemented, you could display online players in steam server utility. This will only show you the players that are online, not clan information or anything. But using this has been extremely helpful for my friends and I.

thcue

CAT Moderator
JFF Member
Only issue with that is steam is really wonky I know sometimes it says someone is in a game but then it's not etc. But better than nothing I guess haha!

What I do is use these guys: ARK: Survival Evolved Server List | Search Arkse Stats, Rankings, and Banners - Game Tracker

Then edit the look of the banner to fit my webpage. This makes it look very great, and you get a list of whats going on with your server.

You need to add your server then create a banner for it.

DJThorTX

yes we already use gametracker on our site, problem is not everyone uses their steam name in game so not really a solution