So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

"Remote system is not running the game"?

Discussion in 'General' started by RB614, Dec 15, 2017.

1. RB614

RB614 New Member

Hello Everyone! I have recently put together a tower that I am wanting to use as a dedicated server for 7D2D. I have successfully set this up on my laptop before, however that is just not practical for me. I would like to be able to run the Tower as the server and the game from my laptop. I installed the dedicated server for 7d2d directly from Steam. I have the actual game installed on this tower from Steam as well. I have installed the RAT tool and configured the game settings. I have also installed the 2 required mods: Allocs and BC Manager. All ports have been forwarded and IP reserved. RAT connects and I have 4 Green status lights. IRC is red. (Not Setup) The console connection is working. I can also see the server on from 7d2d on my laptop. However, when I connect to the server via "Connect to Server...", I receive the following error:

"Connection to server failed"
    "Remote system is not running the game"

I have also tried to access the game server from the tower and receive the same error. I shut the server down and started again from RAT. I am still unable to connect. I have also tried starting the server from the exe file but I am still unable to connect.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? I have done various searches but have turned up empty.

Thanks,
    -RB

2. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

Seems like things should be setup correctly. If you have TeamViewer, join the RAT Discord channnel here: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

and I can try and go over things with you and see if I can notice anything. Also if you want, post your IP/port for your server and I'll try and connect myself and see what error I get.

3. RB614

RB614 New Member

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I have setup discord and team viewer for this tower.

Hey Trekkan, It would seem for what ever reason, the issue has resolved itself.
    I had shutdown the 7D2D server while setting up discord and teamviewer, then just started back up and tested. Got right in... Thanks for offering to help. I am really enjoying this game and learning how admin and host! The RAT tool is awesome! Thank you!