Quest Discussion - SPOILERS

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Since things are getting more interesting in the game we've started to talk about certain quests and events. But, we have to keep it vague so we don't spoil it for anyone else. So how about we make a thread just for this stuff. I'd suggest the format below

Quest or Event Name
Location (if you want)

Discussion, etc set to the font color that matches the background or just black. We can read it by highlighting text w/ the mouse.

Last edited:

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Fyke Isle
(fyke isle duh)

So this was a fun quest. It's not as creepy as the hotel in Vampire Bloodlines but they did a good job. Random knocking on doors, things moving around... I kept expecting wraiths to pop up and they never did.

I chose to help the spirit be at peace by taking her bones to her lover. The curse should have been lifted when he buried the remains. Instead, the wraith manifested and killed him, rats all over the place.

Turns out that I unleashed a pestilence wraith instead of putting her to rest. Now sure, the isle was free of the curse but what of the pesta? Nothing! Geralt was revealed the mistakes almost like a simple "oops" and Keira didn't seem to care either! Isn't it kind of a problem to have a pesta on the loose? lol

Side note: Keira asked if I burned the lab and notes... I didn't even think to try that? Anyone attempt to set it alight?

Last edited:

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I chose the same path as @Dsan. (also, you have spoiler in the title, so I'm keeping the text the normal color, and will look into a spoiler tag)

So, the Pesta is still out there, also the same as what you did. But what I did do is go back to the tower, and more of the quest continues from there. I don't want to spoil it too much, but there are still choices to make overall about the pestilence. However, I didn't see anything about the Pesta again.

Last edited:

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I chose the same path as @Dsan. (also, you have spoiler in the title, so I'm keeping the text the normal color, and will look into a spoiler tag)

So, the Pesta is still out there, also the same as what you did. But what I did do is go back to the tower, and more of the quest continues from there. I don't want to spoil it too much, but there are still choices to make overall about the pestilence. However, I didn't see anything about the Pesta again.
I made the same decision you guys did, and then I went back to the tower after my sidequest with Kiera. Trek, what did you do with Kiera at the end of that quest? I took the notes and sent her to Kaer Modan.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
The reason I wanted to change font color is so that we can talk about various quests here and not ruin for others. I imagine there will be many more than Fykes Isle to discuss. :)
-> I also sent to her Kaer Morhen, and took her notes. :P

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Lisha, I apparently chose the exact same options you did. =)
It looks like the three of us did that. I was talking to a friend who actually killed her. I didn't even know that was an option, or why you would do that..but I'm curious to see if that has any ramifications later lol

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Triss

Pertaining to Triss's storyline, only read if you've completed it:

So, did anybody ask her to stay, if so, what did you say to her? What was the outcome? I, personally, asked her to stay and then when I had to choose my final option I let her go. I know her from the previous games but had no real ties or relationship with her, though I did kiss her at the masquerade ball, and I really have no ties or knowledge of Yennefer so I'm curious where all of this will lead with the two of them.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
The Bloody Baron

So I finally finished off this whole chain. It didn't go quite as expected.

I obviously didn't understand the explanations of the tree spirit... helped it possess a mare and escape. Sure, it apparently saved all the children in the swamp but it also drove the adults mad. Most of them murdered each other by the time the Baron and I got back from Crow's Perch.

Anna had also been turned into a water hag. Even though we changed her back, the real curse was a quick death. As Tamara cried over her body I returned to the Baron at the Perch... only to find him swinging from the tree out front of the keep. Yeah he was kind of an asshole but I did feel a little bad about that one.

Seems the soldiers are going to take over Crow's Perch and, somewhere out there, a very old and evil spirit runs free.

Oops!

Ronus

JFF Member
It looks like the three of us did that. I was talking to a friend who actually killed her. I didn't even know that was an option, or why you would do that..but I'm curious to see if that has any ramifications later lol
OK, just finished this quest and I had a save point just before the cut scene at the tower so I played through what I think is most of the options.
* You can play the pissed off and kill her route
* Send her to Kaer Morhen with notes
* Send her to Kaer Morhen without notes
* Be ambivalent and let her go to Radovid with the notes

I sent her to Kher and I let her keep the notes - with my luck she will probably start a plague there :D

Ronus

JFF Member
Aaaaarrrggghhhh! LOL

I have to give huge Kudos to the writers, these quests are for the most part amazingly written. Also, the amount of intertwining they did is mind blowing, and frustrating at the same time :D I can't get out of Novigrad, lol. I just finished the Main quest line here, but I still have some *major* secondary quests that I am working on. And some of them are very in depth, involved and looooong (but not in a bad way). The amount of fact checking on other quest decisions is the most I've seen in any game.

Gotta go, need to learn my lines for the play I helped write (or didn't :p )

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Aaaaarrrggghhhh! LOL

I have to give huge Kudos to the writers, these quests are for the most part amazingly written. Also, the amount of intertwining they did is mind blowing, and frustrating at the same time :D I can't get out of Novigrad, lol. I just finished the Main quest line here, but I still have some *major* secondary quests that I am working on. And some of them are very in depth, involved and looooong (but not in a bad way). The amount of fact checking on other quest decisions is the most I've seen in any game.

Gotta go, need to learn my lines for the play I helped write (or didn't :p )
Hahaha I just did that quest (The play one) last week, pretty funny. =) I just started doing quests on Skellege last night really. I've been there once before to finish a quest, but then went back to Novigrad and didn't go back until last night. SO MANY QUESTS!!! I'm having fun though so it's good!