So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Protect Yourself! (Anti-Grief)

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by MatadorPants, Jul 17, 2014.

1. MatadorPants

MatadorPants Member JFF Member

IMPORTANT -- YOU MUST USE /mytown INSTEAD OF /t AS REFERENCED IN THE VIDEO!

Being a small, semi-private server, we shouldn't have any issues with griefing. However, it's always best to be proactive and avoid any issues arising in future and fingers being pointed.

Our server runs a mod called "MyTown". If you've played on MC servers in the past, you might be familiar with GriefPrevention, Towny, Residence, etc. The main issue with all of these is that they have very limited mod support and typically a lot of items have to be banned (IC2 mining lasers, turtles, some thaumcraft tools and much more) because it bypasses their protections (it doesn't cause a "block break event"). We'd prefer not to have to ban a lot of items, so we've chosen MyTown.

So, MyTown was created with modded Minecraft in mind. It claims full support for FTB, and is fairly easy to use.

It's set up in a way that easily supports towns, where you can have plots of land, a mayor that controls it all, etc., but it can easily be used for individual protection as well.

Here's a short tutorial video on using MyTown to protect your plots:

[video=youtube;pC7rXkqs3i0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC7rXkqs3i0[/video]

The video mentions a 1 chunk limit, but our server has a 9 chunk limit (protects bedrock to sky limit). If you have a massive build planned and need more chunks, please let me know and we'll expand this further.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014