So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Problem with my CAT-Server

Discussion in 'General' started by xSinnedx, Mar 8, 2017.

1. xSinnedx

xSinnedx New Member

Hey!
    Thanks for the tool, it's really great!
    But I have a problem with it. When I start my server, he is found in InGame, and it also looks great. If I then would connect with the server nothing happens. :(
    It stuck on "Preparing your character". On other servers I can connect, on my server with CAT it goes after "Preparing your character" no more.

Has anyone an idea what is going on?

2. thcue

thcue CAT Moderator JFF Member

Not sure this has to do with CAT, have you tried running it without CAT and see if you get the same results?

3. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I can't see how CAT would have anything to do with this. Try running the server without CAT and see what happens, just to verify something weird isn't happening (although I can't imagine what CAT could possibly do to cause this issue). Also, check your logs folder, that will more than likely tell you everything you need to know.

4. xSinnedx

xSinnedx New Member

5. Trekkan

I don't see any issues (outside of the normal CE issues) with the log content. As far as the server sees things, its up and running.

Which would also mean CAT isn't a problem here either. How long did you wait at the character loading screen? New characters can take a couple minutes to load into a new game the first time. Depending on your hardware, it could be longer/shorter of a load time.

Can anyone else connect to your server?

6. thcue

Looking over the log again everything looks good saw something but nope it's all normal.

1. [2017.03.08-17.28.29:682][ 0]LogLoad: Took 7.240219 seconds to LoadMap(/Game/Maps/ConanSandbox/ConanSandbox)
    2. [2017.03.08-17.28.29:683][ 0]LogInit:Display: Game Engine Initialized.
    3. [2017.03.08-17.28.29:683][ 0]LogLoad: Full Startup: 8.10 seconds (BP compile: 0.00 seconds)
    You're Golden.

* If you want try installing this and try starting the game.
    Download Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center

I believe it has something to do with that intro cut scene and it's looking for this pack give it a try who knows :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  7. xSinnedx

xSinnedx New Member

A friend has still tried it, he also did not connect to the server. I can connect to other servers. Official or private. Just not mine.

I can not install the Media Feature Pack because I do not have a Windows N version. I tried it but only get a error message that it is not suitable for my Windows version.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  8. thcue

Is your server online all the time? Maybe change it to a name you know. I'll give it a try when I can.

9. Trekkan

The fact that you get to the character screen is what bothers me. Because, you've gotten past all of the areas that would normally cause issues, or anything that CAT deals with. Ports, IPs, passwords, etc... At least from this inside you should be able to connect to it. Outside, you'll need to forward the ports through your router, etc. I assume you did that? It doesn't matter in the case of you not being able to connect, but it would for anyone else attempting to do so.

10. xSinnedx

xSinnedx New Member

OMG ... I found the error. It really seems to be a CAT error.

I have specified as "Steam Server Query Port" 27165 in CAT.
    Game server port is 7787.
    These ports I have so synonymous in the firewall released.

But despite my settings ... the server still starts with Game Server port 7777. The port was not available, so you could not connect.

So CAT probably has the error that the set "game server port" is not used, but continues to the standard 7777.
    Would be nice if the error is soon to be corrected :)

11. thcue

I'll test now and see if this is correct and post a bug for you.

*Update you are correct and found the issue I opened a bug report for you :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. thcue

For now just go into your Engine.ini file add this:

GameServerPort=7787

CAT wont touch it with V018 you should be set. make sure you put that under [OnlineSubsystemSteam]

• Like Like x 2