So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Pondering the possibility...

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games - Lobby' started by Duncan, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Thanks, I haven't fixed it since the forum switch lol

2. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

[MENTION=25]Deuce[/MENTION] Let me know when you're around, we'll get your TS fixed as well. The permissions look right, so I'll need to test with you and see what I can do.

3. Duncan

Duncan Member JFF Member

My wife and I are fleshing out the world, back story, various future possible adventures, etc...
    One thing we've determined, there's a racial limitation at the start.

So, y'all can choose from Human, Halfling or Half-Elf as your character's race.

If you want to make a back-up character (which may be advisable, knowing my history), you can add Half-Orc to that set.

4. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

I think I have every 3.5 resource now, along with several others. Just have to get with Trek and get them uploaded.

5. Duncan

Duncan Member JFF Member

Nicely done! =D

6. Trekkan

Still working on this, as far as I can tell it's a bug in the software, so I have a bug report in and waiting for a reply. With it being the 4'th... it might be another day or two.

7. Duncan

Duncan Member JFF Member

So, start thinking about what classes you guys want to roll up... Just keep in mind that you'll be starting in a (Lawful/Neutral) Good city, so evil classes like Assassins, Anti-Paladins and Necromancers are shunned.

8. Trekkan

I'm going Chaotic Good, Human Ranger

9. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

[MENTION=14]Duncan[/MENTION]

These classes are available from the Players Handbook:

Barbarian
    Bard
    Cleric
    Druid
    Fighter
    Monk
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Sorcerer
    Wizard

These classes are available from the Players Handbook II:

Beguiler
    Dragon Shaman
    Duskblade
    Knight

Are these additional classes from PH II available to us? There are also some alternative class features available to the original classes that let you switch out some abilities. Just checking to see if some of the PH II resources are available to us or not, as you will probably want/need to approve certain things as we go along.

I can Zip and e-mail what I have found so far, around 80 manuals. I have some additional campaign settings/adventures as well, have not looked at them. If anyone would like me to e-mail anything to them while Trek gets the upload function working, just PM me your e-mail.

Additionally I was wondering about the setting you had in mind. Will we be in a world that allows for daily or semi-daily activities even when not adventuring or is this more about just getting together for adventuring groups?

10. Duncan

Duncan Member JFF Member

All of the core classes are available to you.
    All of the core deities are available to you.
    I do allow prestige classes once you qualify for them.

I'll have to review the abilities of those four, but the Knight and Duskblade sound okay.

Oh, something I just remembered, I don't deal in Psionics, so nothing of that sort.

The world my wife and I are creating is going to be made for a continuing adventure, so expect to be progressing through a massive story line... Assuming you survive. Mwahaha.

All characters will start at level 1 and I hope to progress your characters to level 20 by the end of this story... We may go into epic levels (>20) if level progress is too swift.

Due to the starting area, I discourage anyone starting with an Evil-aligned class for this campaign.

11. Silifaira

Silifaira JFF Administrator JFF Member

Hmm, I'm thinking chaotic neutral sorcerer.

12. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

Human Barbarian, Chaotic Neutral

13. Duncan

Duncan Member JFF Member

Edited the OP to add info thus far.

14. Trekkan

[MENTION=14]Duncan[/MENTION], would you like your own forum for this? That way you can sticky/close posts as needed, etc? I could also make a sub forum that only you and your wife have access to so you can plan anything you might need, etc? Up to you. I'd have access to it as admin, but you'd have to take my word for not wanting to spoil it for myself. =)

15. Trekkan

Ohh BTW, Peace' character is also human.

16. Alchymia

Alchymia Member JFF Member

I'll have to look at the books quickly first... is there a deadline to choosing? I can pick a random class in a heartbeat if needed.

17. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Okay, there's a lot to read and I feel totally lost but I'd like to make a true neutral, half-elf druid.

18. Duncan

Duncan Member JFF Member

Shouldn't be necessary, my wife and I have quite a bit of documentation, diagrams and charts. She's also an avid note-taker. =p
    I may make a new thread, to detail certain character-known things about the world...
    Thanks
    I'm not sure of an exact starting date, we're still working on some things. I'm sure we have a pretty thick adventure for the first run already built, but we're still working on follow on campaigns as well as detailing the continental map.
    Another trick we're working on is how to start the group logically. Once everyone's decided what they want to play, it'll be easier. =)

19. Alchymia

Alchymia Member JFF Member

Just to give you the heads-up, I will be on vacation late July/early August and will not be around for the Sundays of the 29th of July and 5th of August...

and, I'll certainly pick something soon for you!

20. Duncan

Duncan Member JFF Member

Oh and [MENTION=16]Peacensunshine[/MENTION], no Flaming Hand of Fiery Doom on the peasants... =p