So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Parcel Size quadrupled

Discussion in 'Greed Monger' started by Ronus, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Ronus

Ronus Member JFF Member

The size of a parcel is going to be 40m X 40m instead of 20m X 20m. So everyone that owns land just got 4 times the land they had before. My 4 plots of land just went from 1600 sq meters to 6400 sq meters. I was thinking of spending another $100 to get a 9 parcel plot which would have been 60m X 60m = 3600 sq meters. So now I save $100 AND get a lot more land :D

Nice change!

http://www.greedmonger.com/forum/showthread.php?619-Parcel-size-just-increased-to-40-x-40

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/appleton/greed-monger-a-crafting-focused-sandbox-mmorpg/posts

2. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

Good news. Any idea if the ratio of other things are changing? meaning it's still the same amount of land because buildings are bigger, etc?

3. Ronus

Ronus Member JFF Member

The parcel to open land ratio was 1:3, it is now 1:4, so they are adding an additional 25% to the land mass itself. As far as the ratio itself, I think it is staying the same as it was before - meaning they aren't just doubling or quading everything around you thereby negating the land change. They are discussing it in the forums and while there isn't a definitive answer that I've seen, it looks like they are just making the world bigger and allowing the parcel owners to grab more of that land as theirs.

4. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

I'm sure you guys saw this from the Kickstarter e-mail update, but this is one of the biggest pieces of news since KS launced in my opinion. The ability to create our own floor plans? Hell yes. Combined with the parcel size increase, these are some great developments.

E-mail update:
    We have had some questions on whether we were going to use pre-made housing models purchased from other developers or if we were making our own. When we originally began development it seemed it would be much easier to simply purchase assets already created and ready to go. However, the downside is that many of these buildings had ridiculous draw calls on the servers, so, our soon to be famed Developer Vincent Foster has devised a system that will enable players to create their own floor plans for housing and other buildings through an in game editor. It will take what resources you have available along with your skill, and display modules you can build to construct your house or building.
    Here are some screens of what he's working on.

5. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

yeah, read that a little bit ago, very cool. Hopefully they can make some good ingame tools/systems to utilize it. Building your own place is one of the #1 draws for me to a game.