So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

New computer please tell me what you think of the parts

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by RaveKnave, May 21, 2016.

1. RaveKnave

RaveKnave Why am I on fire? JFF Member JFF Supporter

It is white with blue, why does the Nivida no work with the free synce. I am kinda leaning to the Samsung because of the price and decent reviews.

2. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

G-Sync is what nVidia created, and they wanted to license it to others. AMD and others created Free-Sync because they didn't want to pay for g-Sync and otherwise give that market share to nVidia.

Since AMD owns ATI (nVidia's competitor)... they are just two companies fighting for more money really. So... that's why they aren't compatible. I know there are technical reasons, but really it's a Betamax/VHS battle more than anything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. complexmath

complexmath JFF Administrator Staff Member JFF Supporter

G-Sync is hardware based, and so it's a pricey (but arguably more reliable) addition to a monitor, while FreeSync is software-based. But yeah, it mostly comes down to the vendors trying to lock people into an ecosystem.

4. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

*Booksmarks thread for later monitor research* lol My next pc part to buy.

5. SlipWraith

SlipWraith Member JFF Member

6. RaveKnave

7. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

That cord management. Look lovely!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

Look'n awesome Rave, congrats!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Silifaira

Silifaira JFF Administrator JFF Member

Looks great, Rave! Like Alicia said...that cord management. Mine is a messy maze inside.

How's it play? Any noticeable difference?

• Like Like x 1
  10. RaveKnave

It is wonderful very quite, does make a little heat in the room, but it has a lot going on inside. I can also tell a major difference with the new processor, and having balanced RAM. Total war with those high numbers, such as 6 army's of 5,000 all fighting at the same time does not even make the FPS move. Plus my old computer just had a normal HD, no SSD that alone it a wonderful touch. I basically love my new computer. I am sure there are more TECHY things, but I do how to express them.

11. Silifaira

Silifaira JFF Administrator JFF Member

I wouldn't understand the techy things anyway. I just like it when it 'feels' right. Couldn't tell you exactly what that meant. Glad to hear you are loving it!

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Rawrr

Rawrr Active Member JFF Member

Damn looks nice, thanks for the pictures.

What was the overall cost?

13. RaveKnave

it came to about $1230. I paid a local company to assailable it for me, total worth it to, they did a great job.

• Like Like x 1