So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

New Budget Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Electronics and Computing' started by SlipWraith, Jul 11, 2016.

1. SlipWraith

SlipWraith Member JFF Member

2. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

I know nothing about current ATI cards, so can't really speak to them. Maybe someone else here has some more recent experience than I do and can help.

As far as upgrading to 16gig of ram, I'd say it's a good idea in general. But again, depends on what you do. I've been considering adding another 8-16 gig for a total of 24-32gig because I've been getting close to using the 16gig. But that's also because I keep a lot of things open, run the game servers, etc.

3. panzerghost

panzerghost Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I hate to sound like I'm beating a dead horse but why not get the new 480 that just came out?
    Radeon RX 400 Series, Desktop Graphics Cards, Video Cards & Video Devices, Components - Newegg.com

Budgets aside the 380 is a good card (especially at that price) and will handle most games at 1080p at a good framerate; but already seems inferior to the newer cards from both AMD and Nvidia.
    As to ram as far as games go you'll be hard pressed to find ones that need more than 8GBs currently but that'll change very soon 16GBs is a little more future proof.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  4. SlipWraith

2 reasons Panzer, 1 Price and 2 space in the system. Ultimately It's primarily price.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SlipWraith

well, what a PITA. I decided to wait, the budget card sold out and I just found out I can't play No Man's Sky because my current card doesn't support OpenGL 4.5 :( My life is over