So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Necromunda

Discussion in 'Board Games - Lobby' started by Dsan, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

And we're back! with another tabletop game of gangs and randomness. Talked my friend into trying out Necromunda (a turn/squad-based tactical shooter using minis and terrain) and he loved it. We've been playing every Saturday and Sunday so far. With any luck he'll be able to get his other friends to try it out and maybe expand the group. I'll be tossing some pics in here occasionally for no real reason. :)

2. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

Cool, I've never heard of it, I'll have to check it out. but I havent played any games with miniatures before, so... probably not something I'd play, but would like to check out.

3. Dsan

And on with the show. Unfortunately, these images are rather poor. The lighting in here is bad and I had to grab some pics before the camera died (oops). The table surface and bits of terrain are still a work-in-progress. Looks rather silly as it is currently.

Game 1 - Sat, 7th
    End of Game 01 - 02 - 03

It's kind of difficult to explain how the game progressed. We had a loot objective on the top catwalk in the center of the table. I managed to grab it on turn 2 and began running like mad to get off the board with the loot. By the end of the game both of our gang leaders were lying unceremoniously on their faces and my ganger with the loot was hiding behind some buddies and ruins. Just barely squeezed out a win on this one.

Game 2 - Sat, 7th
    After Deployment: 01 - 02

This match was a head to head gang fight. It started well enough but my friend had a small melee group with his leader that infiltrated beneath my main deployment areas. The rest of the match was spent trying to survive the ensuing close combat chaos. The damage was uncontrollable and I eventually decided to voluntarily "bottle out" (flee the battle).

We played another game today, Apr 8th, which also ended in a victory for my friend. It was a rough fight and he nearly got to capture one of my territories from defeating me so handily.

More next week!

*edit: Photobucket caps the size of images so they're even more difficult to see. Things should be a little more clear once there paint on the terrain and minis.

4. Hansbrick

Hansbrick Member JFF Member

Necro is a game I loved I have several gangs. Lots of lore online about Necromunda Gamesworkshop could have done ore with the title but went a different direct. The "Underhive" which is where the game is played for the most part is kind of a starter world where 40 K units get raw troops as well as mutant gangs. Think of the underhive as similar to a Judge Dread world.

5. Dsan

Yeah it has some cool lore, stories, etc to get in to. Here's a section view of the Hive City for a point of reference.

6. Dsan