So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Minecraft Server update

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by cbonha01, Jun 30, 2013.

1. cbonha01

cbonha01 Member JFF Member

Hey everyone, after much consideration, I have decided to put the server back to the default Ultimate mod pack. I was finding that both mods that were added (MoCreatures and Millénaire), were causing lag throughout the server, as well as multiple errors. I don't have the time (or patience) to deal with all the errors. The new server reset will result in everything being reset (world file, etc.). I hope it doesn't cause too much issues and I am sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. However, the server will be running Bukkit plugins, as well as all the mods included in the FTB Ultimate pack.

Instructions for downloading/first time server use:
    To download FTB Launcher, go HERE.

The easiest method I have found, is to download the .exe file onto your desktop ( it makes the next step easier).

Once downloaded, open the launcher, select the "MODPACKS" tab on the top, then, on the left side, select the "FTB Ultimate" pack. Before hitting "Launch" in the lower right-hand corner, you must first create a profile (this is your Minecraft login credentials). To do so, simply select "create profile", and enter your Minecraft username and password in the appropriate fields. The profile name field is just a profile name, it has no bearing on your logging in. You can also choose to check the option for remembering your password. Click add. After making sure your profile name is selected, hit launch. It will then download the required files to play on the server. The actual start up of the game may take some time. Once Minecraft has been launched, select "Multiplayer" and enter the following ip address to play on the server: 98.142.209.34:25571

Once you login to the server, you will notice that you have to login....this is a Bukkit plugin called Crazy Login. This enables people who don't have the premium version of Minecraft, and instead have a cracked version. To login, first go into the command console by hitting 'T'.. .then type /register (insert a password you can remember) and hit enter. Then, pull up the command console again, and type: /login (same password you registered). In both commands, you don't actually type the parentheses...just your password. The overall idea of Crazy Login is to ensure a level of security for the server, since it is in offline mode. I am not going to walk you through getting a cracked version of minecraft due to the legalities involved. However, if you plan on using a cracked version, there are multiple sites showing where/how.

I have imported a schematic of a great looking town/spawn area: Kingdom of Avalon. All credits go to xthatsmycakex for the build. If you wanna see the schematic, or his youtube walkthrough of it..go HERE.

If you have any questions, comments, ideas, or concerns, please feel free to email me at: cbonha01@gmail.com, or send me a text: 231-942-1101

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. Wretched

Wretched Member JFF Member

butt...my house....it was just..... =(

3. Hyip

Hyip Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Nice. That shits crazy

4. cbonha01

wretched...lol, I know you had a purdy log cabin type home....but I know you are fast at building and it didn't take long or it won't to rebuild...the server spawn area makes up for it

5. cbonha01

Hyip, yeah, I kinda liked the mods, but was having a lot of issues...especially spawn rates.... I kept messing with the spawn rates of animals, as well as the Millinaire village spawns....waited a while, roamed around....and didn't show any difference in spawn rates... I was sick of the million animals, and villages popping up everywhere you tried to go...

6. Wretched

Wretched Member JFF Member

yea, the two mods added a ton of AI and thus ton of server load. going to miss all the creatures, but if you cant play on the server anyways there is no use of having them in here.