So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Media!

Discussion in 'The Witcher 3' started by Alicia, May 14, 2015.

1. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Go ahead an post your videos and media for The Witcher 3!

Here is 3 hours of live game on the PC. From what I understand the settings are on Ultra, however, some items are turned down, so not "everything" is set to ultra. However, it is the first time we've seen recent PC gameplay so if you're bored and/or want background stuff going on, enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PahEFn5aQSg

2. Alicia

3. complexmath

complexmath JFF Administrator Staff Member JFF Supporter

4. Alicia

I'm not one to compare graphics in a game from console to PC. PC always looks better and it doesn't apply to me since I don't have a new console. However, this video has me slightly curious. It's a PC Ultra vs PS4 comparison video and I have to say, what I took away from it, is that they both look similar/same. Which makes me wonder why the PC doesn't look THAT much better. I mean, I'm not mad or complaining, but I am curious why with all the settings up as high as they can be it still looks comparable to a console and if I don't run it with everything on Ultra, will it look...uglier than a console? *shrugs*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fUGFmmikn4

5. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Can't really judge off of a youtube video. For one, all they says is "ultra" without specifying anything else. I've played more than a few games that had detail levels beyond the defaults for Ultra.
    Going off of just the video I still think the PC version looks better. They compare AA and other things, showing how similar they are, but I can say that the PC version should be much better on many of those.

Maybe it's another game with disabled graphical fidelity for the PC version. Maybe it's just a bad video or bad settings. We'll have to wait and see I think.

This is from the comments though:
    [​IMG]

6. complexmath

I'm guessing the top photo is PC. It looks way better. Though once you get in game with everything animated, it would be harder to notice.

7. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Yeah maybe. Consoles are still often limited to 30 fps though. It really depends on external hardware and visual acuity of the player.
    I expect two things to happen: 1) The PC version will indeed look better at launch. 2) PC will get patches/mods that improve detail even further.
    A third theoretical, when win10/DX12 hits the game could be even more detailed on more systems. Consoles will have to wait for a new generation to see those benefits.

People should play whichever version they want of course, it's just annoying when games get downgraded for consoles.

8. complexmath

I think consoles are already effectively using DX12. They're just stuck with only 6GB of memory for everything and comparatively weak processing power.

9. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

Also keep in mind that you have to consider how things look while MOVING. My guess is that the consoles can't keep up the rendering and probably start to limit things during movement and bring it back into clarity when you stop and whatnot. PC's do the same thing, just that better cards = less that is going to happen.

10. Alicia

[video=youtube;hBoCRYX6Vq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBoCRYX6Vq0[/video]

New trailer. Appears to be in-game footage this time.

11. complexmath

Here's a good 5 minute summary of events leading up to W3. Between this and my rambling about the W2 story in detail for start of game choices you should be in good shape.

12. complexmath

Yeah I saw a thing about how the XB1 would be dynamically altering detail according to framerate, and wouldn't be surprised if PS4 did also. In fact, there's some kind of a "lock to 30fps" option on PC that might possibly do the same thing.