Mainstream headset breakdown

YumC

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Thanks! I have a Logitech 6430, it got 5/10 in both, audio and mic. Very regular headset but for $60 is not bad. I always wanted a Razer but seems like audio wise aren't so good.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! I have a Logitech 6430, it got 5/10 in both, audio and mic. Very regular headset but for $60 is not bad. I always wanted a Razer but seems like audio wise aren't so good.
Razer used to be good, now they've gone into so many other products that most of what they release now is complete crap.

panzerghost

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
If you like constantly updating and restarting your computer Razer is good at that lol. I was reading an article that I can't find now about them releasing an update for a mousepad.

Full disclosure if Razer released another Naga like the 2012 one I'd buy it in a second.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Mine wasn't even on the list. But, they add some imports in there too - price goes up just because.

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I splurged on my Syberia Steel Series V2 headset and it's been amazing ever since. Worth. Got pretty decent reviews as well for the alternate models.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
A little disappointing that none of those were open ear'd. Anyone with a good suggestion on a pair of those?

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
A little disappointing that none of those were open ear'd. Anyone with a good suggestion on a pair of those?
I agree that I really like open eared. However my Astro A40's are awesome and don't feel as close ear'd as most do.

SlipWraith

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Amazing, as a matter of fact I am in the market and this will be very helpful, next a new gfx card ;)

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
@Trekkan, do you think A40s are worth the $150?
Yup, they are pretty awesome really. I also have the mixamp, which is pretty much a must in my opinion. Sound is really good and the ability to raise voice chat over game sounds by a button and move it anytime you want to is awesome. Plus if you do any stream recording, the voice is split from the game sounds there too, so you can completely remove recording the voice chat while streaming/recording. So that's cool too.

Good thing is, you can always get the mixamp later if you decide to.

SlipWraith

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
well, this is the TOP of my price range for just the headset. Especially when I really need a new Graphics card so the Mixamp would be out of the question for now. In all honesty pretty much everything would be better than the taped together logitech headphones I'm using now ;)