So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

JFF Region

Discussion in 'Sim City' started by Trekkan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

We'll be making a Sim City region tonight at 9pm PST when the game goes live. It'll be based off of Viridian Woods: http://www.ign.com/wikis/simcity/Viridian_Woods

I'll post more information after it's created, if you'd like an invite please IM Trekkan on Origin once the game is up and running.

2. Hyip

Hyip Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I guess I am going to have to buy the game I now.

3. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

That is a very large region.

4. Trekkan

Are there problems with larger regions? I was thinking that would give people a chance to pick a from a few different places, allow more people to play and even peopl ehave more than one city (if that is possible) if we don't fill it up. There are a lot of assumptions on my part in that last sentence though. =) So let me know if I'm not thinking about things right.

5. Alicia

I had to ask my cousin, the resident expert for the last two months that he's been obsessing because I wanted to make sure I understood:

"What's a group then? I thought that a region had so many cities and each person gets one of those cities?"

"a sixteen city map breaks the cities into groups of four. Those four cities connect to one another via hwy and railroad and can have commuters etc. They however cannot connect directly to the other groups. Now a trade city might have ferrys and stuff to move stuff to other groups but general its 4 cities which connect. So your people or fire trucks wont travel out of their little sub group. You can however control multiple cities in a region."

6. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I very nearly caved and bought it until I read that it's limited to the 4-city areas.

I must resist!

7. Trekkan

At of 10:12pm PST, I still can't download the game... going to bed soon.

8. Trekkan

Server: West Coast 2
    Region: JFF Gaming

It's private and the only person I was able to send and invite to at this point was Chris. Even though Lisha is on my friends list along with Peace... Anyway, I wanted to make it public for now, but you apparently can't change it once it's set... So I couldn't make it public and then change it back to private. So I'll be around tomorrow after 5pm PST to invite anyone that wants in.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  9. Alicia

That is very stupid -_-

10. Hyip

Hey If we play on the Horizon map, all 11 cities are able to connect to each other.

11. Trekkan

I'm ok with that as my original city is crap. =) However, right now I'm lucky to even get in game and it's the primary reason people aren't playing. But, if you wanna start that map, do so and send out some invites. =)

12. Hyip

Ok So far we have cities across 3 servers. The problem is that when someone else is on another server, It does not show that they are online or anything. You can't chat with them and changing servers is a pain in the ass. So we need to choose one server. So far we are on NA West 1,2 and 3. We need to choose 1 of the 3 from now on please.

13. Alicia

I didn't realize that's why people weren't showing up as online. I just moved around because someone else, or myself, couldn't get on the proper server to play together.

14. Trekkan

What Alicia said. However, my primary city is going to be on NA West 1 now in the JFF Region we first started. I'll continue ot have my other cities in friends regions, etc.... but that one is open to those that would like to play there.

15. Hyip

Ok So from now on NA West 1 it is for anything new please. Unless Wretched joins in and then we will have to move.

Also I am gonna start a region that has all cities connected like the one Alicia is in. It makes it a lot easier for anyone joining in and starting a new city once there is an established one

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  16. SlipWraith

SlipWraith Member JFF Member

I may pick up a copy of the game later today, is it worth it or is another play for 5 hours then your all done?

17. Hyip

It is hard to say. I would not buy it again. But I am still playing it. But I will play anything. If you don't mind to learn how to work around the dumbness then I guess it is ok. Nothing works as intended. I look at this as an open beta and hope there is gonna be good changes in the near future.

18. Chris

Chris Member JFF Member

They have issues they need to work out, they will be like "YOU NEED MORE RESIDENCY!" When you really don't and you have a traffic issue getting people to go to work.

19. Hyip

Also if you are interested in the game. Here are some good things to know that don't make much sense but will help you out. Your workforce is around 10% of you population. Industry is not needed at all, and if you use it it takes up a crapload of the needed workforce But it pays good taxes. A longer grid pattern is needed to reduce and control traffic. Buses can get buggy and stack up and block traffic. I use streetcars and trains. You really do not need schools except for a university. Planting trees greatly reduces pollution. Make sure you replant trees a lot though. You will run out of available ground water. So in order to replenish you water table You need to build you sewer treatment plant and your water company next to each other. There are many other things I did not mention.

20. SlipWraith

SlipWraith Member JFF Member

I got a copy and now I can't figure out how to join your server :(