So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

JFF Gaming's FTB TPPI Server!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by MatadorPants, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

Server went down five minutes after I joined it (~3:59PM Pacific time). I thought it was a scheduled reboot, but it hasn't come back up. I was placing logs when it happened. Nateryl and his son were on as well.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  2. SlipWraith

SlipWraith Member JFF Member

Server is down today 10/19/14 At ~4:15 PM I was sitting in a cave waiting for day. I did note that the server was getting really laggy and I was having to crush most bricks twice (they would break then reappear then I'd break them again).

3. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

I noticed that the server does a reboot, every 3 or so hours, to refresh, just like the last server, however, this server doesn't give you any countdown warning before rebooting. The server usually reboots on an hour mark, and the process lasts up to 10 minutes. Also, there is a message pertaining to the Mytown mod, but that feature doesn't seem to be activated.
    I've noticed that sometimes there will be a short lag spike at the same time a server message is broadcast.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  4. MatadorPants

MatadorPants Member JFF Member

Changing it to every 6 hours now, and working on adding some warnings.

I'll also check in and see if there was a crash recently.

5. MatadorPants

Ok, I think I have the warnings in place. Warnings should start at the top of the hour, followed by a reboot at 15 past the hour. I've lessened the frequency to every 6 hours, and we'll see how performance goes.

There is some gregtech stuff at 1169, 260 causing a lot of lag, so I'll be looking into that as soon as possible.

6. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

Weird. I have GregTech machines there, but I haven't used them for anything in at least a week now because I have been building instead of crafting. Could the fact that they are plugged in be causing an issue? They are connected to IC2 MFEs and thermal generators that are not operational because I haven't been using any of my stored power. They only turn on if I used my stored power. I had a few redstone engines on, that would pull stuff out of a chest when I needed to, but I haven't heard of those causing lag. I turned them off anyway.

7. MatadorPants

Looks like it's the Electrolyzer and Centrifuge causing it.

If you're not using them, could you break them for now and see if it clears up? If you do plan on using them, please at least break them and replace them and see if we can get it cleared up. They are causing a significant amount of strain on the server for some reason, even if they are just being loaded (and not in actual use).

8. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

No problem. Apparently it requires a specific wrench to do, so as soon as I finish making the wrench, I will remove the offending machines.

9. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

The electric wrench is taking a while to make because it takes 4 minutes for the Industrial Blast Furnace to crank out one piece of stainless steel. I disconnected the power cables from those two machines. Do you notice a difference from that at all?

Update: The machines are gone.

10. MatadorPants

With sadness, I must let you guys know that we will not be renewing the MC server this month, so it will go down on approximately the 15th.

Lack of activity, lack of interest, etc. has led us to try and find a larger MC community to join into as opposed to trying to start our own.

Thanks to those of you who contributed to the server and hopefully you had some fun with it.

11. SlipWraith

Larger community? Link?

12. Nateryl

Nateryl Member JFF Member

13. SlipWraith

Do you have to apply for access?

14. Nateryl

Nateryl Member JFF Member

Yes but applications are open and they are adding new people to whitelist.