So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

[DOC] How to Create / Setup a Discord bot with RAT

Discussion in 'General' started by Trekkan, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

it should be working in the 1132 Experimental release.

2. Trekkan

Probably another alpha bug, I'll look into it. When I changed database backends, there is now a case sensitivity issue that wasn't there before with the old database. So, I'm fixing these as they are found (not easy to just search/replace).

3. Mestima

Mestima New Member

Prompt with the transition to the version 02004 the bot refuses to save the room that he should listen to ... what I'm doing is wrong.

4. Trekkan

Probably another alpha bug, I'll look into it. When I changed database backends, there is now a case sensitivity issue that wasn't there before with the old database. So, I'm fixing these as they are found (not easy to just search/replace).

5. Mestima

Mestima New Member

when you find the time to fix it !? Without a bot it's very bad .....
    And I noticed when unloading the chat from the database the file was empty ... I tried to set different filters - it does not work ...

6. Trekkan

I work on RAT when I can. RAT is not a paid piece of software with support SLAs or any other such thing, I do it because I enjoy it. I have a lot going on right now. A new boss and job changes, my dad has Alzheimer's, I'm selling my house, my girlfriend was just diagnosed with a brain tumor, etc...

Basically, my personal life is more important to me, and that is something people are just going to have to accept and understand. I'm sorry if my schedule doesn't work well with your desires, but that's just how it is.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shabobawob

Shabobawob New Member

I hope everything works out okay Trekkan, I wanted to commend you for the awesome work! Thanks for the time investment and great server tool!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trekkan

Thank you very much! I'm still working on RAT, just a little slower at the moment. =)

9. klmsmb

klmsmb New Member

upload_2018-4-19_8-43-15.png

Hi, I got this when tried to open the link in your instruction (Client id was removed just to do the image). Is it normal? Thanks

10. klmsmb

klmsmb New Member

OK, I just was login with other user, now the link just move me to login screen and test connection failed in RAT.

11. zewtastic

zewtastic New Member

Any Progress on Discord?

12. Trekkan

There were a couple of bugs that were fixed. Beyond that, mostly RAT leaves it up to you to do what you want with the RAT Event Editor and the Discord events. I do know that the Discord integration is working at this point, more and more people are using it.

13. zewtastic

zewtastic New Member

Really? I can't seem to get it to work.
    I'm a discord newbie though.

14. Trekkan

Well, stop by the RAT discord channel and we can help ya there. =)

15. zewtastic

zewtastic New Member

Is it possible to send discord commands to RAT to activate events and such? Like spawn a zed and stuff?

16. Trekkan

Yup. =)

17. Lobodemonio

Lobodemonio New Member

Thank you. This works pefectly

• Like Like x 1
  18. natenaterollerskate

natenaterollerskate New Member

having problems getting my Discord bot to stay connected. Also, as you can see, it is only showing my "general", but isn't showing my 7 Days to Die channel, or any other channel for that matter. Attached are my RAT Discord settings

Attached Files:

19. Trekkan

The connection issue, I'll need more information on?

The not seeing all of the channels, this is a permissions issue. Basically, your bot doesn't have access to see those other channels. Odds are, you need to move the Role in Discord that you have assigned your bot, higher up the list. Basically, click and drag the Bot role, higher up in the list.

20. natenaterollerskate

natenaterollerskate New Member

Ok, I saw the permissions, like See Channels, but that didn't seem to help, but I can play with that more. Not sure what you're talking about with "higher up on the list" exactly.

What kind of information do you need for the connection issue? I copy the token and the bot name over and click "save" and it says it connects, giving me a green "Discord Connection" positive light, but then it turns red after that.