Helping out a good friend.

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
This isn't gaming related but I wanted to post it here, just in case. A couple months back my little Loki ferret got very ill, VERY, on the verge of death. I didn't know where else to go because I had already taken him to the vet I usually did, but he wasn't curing him and Loki was in decline FAST! I sent a message to a woman who runs a ferret sanctuary back in Houston and asked her if she had any advice that might help me. She gave me the phone number and address for a vet that was an hour away and said to take him there immediately and they would know what to do. So, that's exactly what I did.

Turns out my old vet not only misdiagnosed his sickness, but he also missed that he also had Insulinoma(ferret diabetes)which he needed to be on medicine for. The woman who ran the rescue(Susan) AND the vet she sent me to LITERALLY saved my monkey butt's life and I will be forever grateful. I'm posting this because that woman runs a hospice care for ferrets. She takes in all those who are sick and/or otherwise un-adoptable. I think she has 18 now? Anyways, she's running a raffle that's ending December 9, to help pay for ferret medical expenses. She and her husband usually just pay for these things themselves but I know she's had a tough year with sick babies, most recently little Whiskey ferret who has been sick for a few months now and undergone a few surgeries and many many forced feedings.

If anyone is interested, here is a link https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=413853878686730&set=a.145081238897330.36670.142210029184451&type=1 That should take you to Krystal's story page and then the raffle below it in the description. You don't need a facebook account to view it.

I went to her place and donated a few items for her raffle before I left Houston and met every one of her little ferret babies. The woman is a saint to clean up so much ferret doodoo every day! lol along with medications every day for all of them plus forced feedings for the sick ones. But the ferret's were all doing very well thanks to her care and being loved on like crazy and were all sooooo friendly. I held and hugged every one! And they all gave kisses.

And for anyone that doesn't do "raffles", since a lot of it is ferret-related(not all, just most, I gave her non-ferret related things to raffle off), she also posted this:

"I know, I know. Raffle, raffle, raffle. Bear with me, guys, please. I'm putting aside my pride for these babies. The only way I can continue to care for them is if I have help. Thus...fundraising. Don't do online raffles? A small donation to our vet would be greatly appreciated! Our vet info:
Dr. Dori Hertel, Loop 494 Animal Hospital, 22326 Loop 494, Kingwood, TX 77339, 281-358-8893 OR
Dr. Wendy Dearixon, Vickery Place Animal Hospital, 2720 North Henderson Dr., Dallas, TX 75206, 214-252-0800"

^^^Dr. Dori is the one who saved my babies life and did not charge me an arm and leg to do so!^^^

So, anyways, for anybody wanting to give a few dollars(as low as $5 for six tickets)for a really great cause, and for someone who I care a lot about, please find it in your little ferret loving hearts :D

Whiskey the ferret says Thank You! http://imgur.com/Wt3UW <---I gave him that hat XD

(Any questions send me a message in chat or mail)

Thanks for reading, friends! And I know that a lot of us are broke by now(Thank you Steam sales)but it doesn't hurt to try, I guess.
:p