Guild and City Name

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
@Deuce @Dsan @Trekkan @Chris The red square in the pic is in the TROPICAL lands, and you have Grass first, Tropical 2nd.... Grasslands are on the right.
Ugh thanks for catching that Ronus, I totally missed that they switched them. I will redo the picture.

Ok new picture attached, let me know if the location is acceptable or needs moved.

Last edited:

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Yeah whoops is right lol, I can't believe I did that.

I tried to pick a coastal/PvP vicinity spot so hopefully we get something in this general area. As long as everyone said they wanted to be next to Everbrew then you should be fine even if you already submitted since I haven't submitted yet and now the city will be in the right place.

Last edited:

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
So we'll get a statue somewhere in the city. I was thinking about a bottle or can of beer with a label on it with "Everbrew", and then maybe some kind of catchy slogan. I found this label maker and messed around a little bit. Slogan is just a placeholder, although it's not terrible, open to suggestions. Anyone good with photoshop that could put something like this on a can or bottle of beer? Here is the label maker I was using: http://www.beerlabelizer.com/

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
How about a bigass keg? If it were wood or stone the logos could be engraved/carved/etched or embossed or w/e. May be personal preference, I think a bottle or can would look out of place.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I like the idea and agree with [MENTION=32]Dsan[/MENTION] on this, a keg/barrel would be more appropriate or even a large tankard.

As for the logo itself, [MENTION=31]Zynn[/MENTION] is pretty much the resident graphics guy and I doubt he really checks this forum, so hopefully my mention here will get him to take a look and maybe he can come up with something for us. =)

Zynn

JFF Member
It worked, Trek! I got a "mention" notice. hehe I can take a stab at ideas, if you like. How detailed can it be? Is this just for the forums or for an in-game flag or something?

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Ok I like the keg idea as well. As for the amount of detail, I know they have started work on a statue for one of the other players, you can see how much detail they are including on it below.

I'm honestly not sure if they can/will include text but I would say it's worth a shot, we can tone it down later if they say they can't include text. Below is what they have done so far along with the original image. Thanks for taking a stab at it Zynn!

Last edited:

Zynn

JFF Member
I'm confused... Do you need something 3D, like a statue, or more like a logo/banner?

Yes.. the chicken statue is creepy.... :)

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I think all that is needed is the image, the game authors are making the 3D models based off of it.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I wonder if they'd do animations... like maybe have the keg tapped near the bottom and perpetually flowing out into a basin or channel. Perhaps a bit goofy.

If we give them an image to work with it would probably be a good idea to specify scale. Would be silly to end up with a normal sized keg or something barely bigger.

Zynn

JFF Member
Confirmation: Is that Everbrew or EverBrew?

Also, if it is going to be a 3D object (statue), can it be a fountain? (Get where I am going with this?)

Last edited:

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I submitted the name as Everbrew.

I am not 100% on the rules for what is acceptable, but I would assume a fountain would likely be ok. If you're talking about an active fountain with animated water, that I am unsure of. I don't know if any kind of animation/motion will be possible. Maybe plan for both if that's not too much work, if that's what you were intending anyway.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Jason just PM'd me telling me that he needs my submission by midnight tonight. This is a little frustrating as he never indicated any kind of deadline before and now he gives me just a few hours to come up with something. So if you have anything done so far Zynn, go ahead and upload it here and we'll see where things are. Otherwise I guess I'll see if I can find something to submit or we just won't have a statue.

Anyone else with any quick ideas by midnight tonight, feel free to post it here. Looking for something beer/keg related, I guess I can go back to those bottles that I posted earlier worst case.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Well that's kind of last minute. I would say in the case of no visual examples a text description should be fine. I think the odds of getting what you want are higher that way. It would leave them a bit of creative flexibility but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Regardless of which method is chosen don't forget to mention how big or small the object is, by comparison if numbers aren't doable.

You may wish to edit the post using [MENTION=31]Zynn[/MENTION] so he gets a notification. Of course I just did that for you. :P

Good luck either way. I'm sure it'll work out okay.

Zynn

JFF Member
Well crap... I thought I still had a while yet. I've been locked up with family things over the holidays and I made made contact with my dad, whom I haven't heard from since 1986. Yes... 1986! He is Roman Italian and and lives in Germany. Apparently I have another sister and brother as well. Anyway.. sorry this thread isn't about me...

Since we didn't know if we would be allowed to do a fountain with water. I was going to do a statue of a stout and strong (not fat), man carrying a wooden keg, on its side, over his left shoulder, a huge, full and foaming, mug in his right hand, and he is doing the Captain Morgan, with his right foot on another large wooden keg. His is longer than normal and swept backward because he is too busy to actually comb it. His face is prideful and he has thick eyebrows, and a confident smirk, framed in by his mutton chops. He is wearing a short-sleeved tunic-like shirt, some leggings, a pair of worn, cuffed work boots with buckles instead of laces, and a brewers apron.

His overall appearance should depict that he worked long and hard to make his Everbrew and he is proud and confident that his is the best brew around.

Both kegs, and his large wooden mug, have the Everbrew name with a scrolly, curly-lined frame, burned into the wood.
Problem is, my style kept being way too cartoony for the actual art style of the game, so I kept having to clear it and try again. That and the whole family thing and I guess time flew away. :(

What would be a cool idea is if the bottom keg had a spigot and when guildies log in, they visit the statue and receive a mug of brew, that gives them a crafting buff for 1 hour a day or something.

Last edited:

Ronus

JFF Member
Sorry, but seriously.... midnight tonight???? this game isn't even in alpha and you HAVE to give him the statue by tonight? or what.... "No way we can do it any time over the next 36 months while we build this game!"