Guild and City Name

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
So it looks like Jason is going to be looking for village/city names soon, and we'll also need to decide on a guild name. Just throwing it out there in case anyone has been holding onto something good.

I was thinking of Raven Hold as both the city and guild name. What do you guys think?

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I think we should stick to the "hold" part but something other than Raven Hold, that's basically Wretched's name lol

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
A couple I just randomly made up for city names.

Port Castoff

Devil's Throat

Serenity

Sojourn's End

Sojourner's Respite

Everbrew

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
If you have a concept in mind I can think of some names. For example, Sojourn's End has a very heavy feel of relief and/or sanctuary, not terribly unlike the always famous Last Homely House. Everbrew sounds like a great name for a dwarf city. Devil's Throat is full of menace... entering there will engulf you in evil/danger, etc.

As for the guild name, I'm not sure I want to exercise opinion. However, I feel that the city name should either reflect the guild name or the guild name reflect the city name. That doesn't necessarily mean shared words or language but a common theme, even if it's vague or obscure. Sojourn's End could be a thematic match for something like The Wayfarer's Guild or maybe Knights Itinerant, referencing the nomadic/explorer parts of those names as a place where they finally found solace and ended their journey.

I think you get the idea... let me know. :P

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
You pretty much hit exactly what I was going for on those names [MENTION=32]Dsan[/MENTION]. =) Whatever [MENTION=25]Deuce[/MENTION] decides will work, but... I wanted to throw something out there that could have some meaning behind it. =)

Morigen

JFF Member
Guild Name: Dark Hand of Valor
Village Name: Moriville

:D

Actually, I will be fine and dandy on whatever is picked for either. The older I get, the less picky I become.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Well I'll probably submit my form tonight or Monday night and I was looking for a one word name, so I'm wondering what everyone thinks of Trek's suggestion of Everbrew? Gives kind of a party-esque tone to it with the "brew", which is what we want, we want people to think of fun when they think of us.

Wretched

JFF Member
If you really want Raven Hold as the guild city name, feel free to use it...with 3 easy payments of 19.95!

Ronus

JFF Member
Everbrew sounds fine. Let us know what you post in the new questionnaire, I'd like to post the same info.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Here is what I have so far for the questionnaire response, let me know what changes you think are needed. I intend on submitting it tonight (Monday night).

Climate Preference:
1. Grasslands
2. Tropical
3. Arctic
4. Desert

I would also like to request the following guildmates to be placed together with me in the Grasslands climate (Greed Monger forum names):
Trekkan - 4 parcels
Morigen - 4 parcels
Lisha - 1 parcel
biotek - 1 parcel
Hyip - 1 parcel
Ronus - 4 parcels
Vintal – 1 parcel
Zynn – 0 parcels

If possible, we would like our plots in the Grasslands climate, but as close as possible to the border of the Volcanic lands. Please see the red square on the attached map for the specific location.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Looks good to me. I put as many of the forum names as I could find in my personal submission, before we had a city name - same climates, etc.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Yeah I guess also add that you want to be adjacent to the city of Everbrew, if you haven't submitted yet.

Ronus

JFF Member
Here is what I have so far for the questionnaire response, let me know what changes you think are needed. I intend on submitting it tonight (Monday night).
[MENTION=25]Deuce[/MENTION] [MENTION=32]Dsan[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]Trekkan[/MENTION] [MENTION=7]Chris[/MENTION] The red square in the pic is in the TROPICAL lands, and you have Grass first, Tropical 2nd.... Grasslands are on the right.

Chris

JFF Member
I would like the grasslands and i like that little area next to the river that is still pretty close to the PVP area.