So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Greed Monger Graphics issues...

Discussion in 'Greed Monger' started by Zynn, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

The issues include bad normals being reversed and even incorrectly averaged. (I guess people, who know the jargon will better understand this).
    There are a lot of washed out, low quality textures.
    There are objects that look brightly lit, even though there is no light source and the walls and floor are completely dark.
    If you watch the video, you will see NPCs running as if on ice. They steps aren't matching up with the distance they are covering on the ground, which makes them look like they are sliding around.
    Also, there is a windmill spinning so fast, it would take a real person's head right off.

Here are a few of the graphics issues I was talking about.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the link to the video. Go toward the end of the video where it shows the walk-thru
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL8Z...IgPaQjQa0nITjwbxW73YF&feature=player_embedded

2. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

3. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I guess I just didn't really take notice because its still pre-alpha and I just assume it will get fixed as time progresses.

4. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

That is usually how it is done, but during one of the interviews, the founder stated that he has been purchasing models from online websites. It is very common that a lot of the cheap models on those site are of very poor quality. There is just so much garbage out there. Besides, you can tell by looking at the scenes in the video that it is a mish-mash of different qualities and aesthetic styles, like the furniture and architecture, that don't match or go together at all.

If the problem models and textures, like the ones pictured above, were made in-house, it would have been much simpler and less time-consuming to fix the normals, and redo the maps right away instead of having to revisit all of them again later, and then re-import them into the game engine. Just saying...

5. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

6. Chris

Chris Member JFF Member

Messed with the house tool, pretty cool!

7. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

Regarding the housing tool, not all of the models have doors, but if you find a model that has a door you can hit "E" and it will open the door and let you go inside.

8. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

That housing tool is pretty awesome. Can't wait to see it fully functional! Thanks for the links.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  9. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Okay, that thing was pretty awesome...and makes me feel sad I only have on parcel of land lol

10. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I'm cool with one parcel... I'll just be the guild hermit, living in a little shack behind the alleyways. At least I'll have the tools the most badass shack I can imagine. :P

Now that I'm done trying to convince myself, yeah I kinda wish I had more parcels now.

11. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

I am so relieved to hear that. I was really getting nervous watching all the videos and not seeing improvements. Thanks