So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Free Password Manager Software (3 days left!)

Discussion in 'Electronics and Computing' started by Trekkan, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

We bought out a company (PasswordBox), and then updated/rebranded it as "TrueKey". Anyway, Intel is offering 1 year of premium service for free as a promotion. It's only good for another couple days, so... if you're interested, at least sign up now so the account is active, then you can monkey around with it whenever you want. I don't get anything for this, it's just free software, so... enjoy (or not). heh

https://www.truekey.com/?utm_source...cuit%20&utm_campaign=circuit_promo_oct2015%20

2. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Do you use it/like it? I'm not totally familiar with password managers but probably need one...lol

3. Trekkan

I don't currently use it, because I've been using LastPass for so long (which I've already paid for). So that's nothing against this software, I just have no idea. I plan on testing it out at some point as I might switch if it's better, but not sure when I'll make the time to do that (probably when my LastPass fees are due again).

Either way though, I'd really recommend using a password manager in general. I'd pretty much die without one at this point as I rely on it so much now. Plus, it's awesome having 16 character fully random passwords, and not having to remember them at all. So I no longer use the same password on websites, even junk ones I might create. So each is different and much more secure now.

4. Alicia

Awesome, thank you. I'll try to remember to set it up tonight when I get home.

5. Ronus

Ronus Member JFF Member

Same here, except I use Roboform (for many years) and it does it's job for me and I am too lazy to switch to something else :) But I did download it and create an account just in case. Thanks!

6. SlipWraith

SlipWraith Member JFF Member

I'm sorry but I use passwordsafe. free software with a great feature set. I've also used keypass and it was decent as well.

7. Trekkan

Why are you sorry? Use what works for you. =)

8. Alicia

On a side note, the chrome extension for TrueKey isn't currently working. Just an fyi.