Experimental Builds

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
You guys want to be involved in these?

Alpha 14.6 Experimental

Basically I can back up the server, we switch to that. If all goes to hell, we can move back to the pre-experimental version.

Let me know what you all want to do!

YumC

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
This sounds dangerous!

"Changed: Zombie screamers now summon a "mini" horde every time they scream loudly. This puts pressure on the player to dispatch the screamer as soon as possible. The amount of zombies the screamer summons increases over weeks past, so a screamer on day 90 will summon some nasty zombies and lots of them. Screamers scream loudly about every 20 seconds so kill them quickly or you will have a large horde to deal with. Screamers also have a low chance to summon additional"

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
This sounds dangerous!

"Changed: Zombie screamers now summon a "mini" horde every time they scream loudly. This puts pressure on the player to dispatch the screamer as soon as possible. The amount of zombies the screamer summons increases over weeks past, so a screamer on day 90 will summon some nasty zombies and lots of them. Screamers scream loudly about every 20 seconds so kill them quickly or you will have a large horde to deal with. Screamers also have a low chance to summon additional"
Yeah, sounds pretty bad. But I guess in the version we are on right now, the hordes keep coming longer than they should. Also, there's supposed to be like a max of 20 zombies from a screamer or something at any one time (with the new one). So hopefully it won't be too bad.

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I'm down for it too but don't play nearly as often lol plus, whatever helps gives them more data to work with!

Thod

THUNDERLOINS!!!!
JFF Member
hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Looks like there's a code I need to download the dedicated server build. However right now my internet is being really stupid and slow... I can't find it. So if someone can, please see if there is a way to download the dedicated server, either without a code, or find the code. Thanks!

Rawrr

JFF Member
This sounds dangerous!

After reading this in the patch notes I came here just to paste that but you beat me to it :P

Dangerous but also sounds like fun!

Good way to farm zombies and XP maybe...

panzerghost

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
So if I've noticed anything with the new build is that Zombies are much harder to kill, and lone screamers spawn much more often.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
So if I've noticed anything with the new build is that Zombies are much harder to kill, and lone screamers spawn much more often.
I think they are using the screamers to keep the number of zombies in the game down at any one time, for performance reasons. But that's just a guess.