So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Everbrew Statue

Discussion in 'Greed Monger' started by Zynn, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

I'm not sure if anything ever got worked out or not, regarding letting people submit statues later on, in the development process.

Either way, I decided to just make a statue in 3D, using ZBrush, in accordance with my written description I made in another thread.

The Latin translate to "Your place for drunken parties", or more formally, "Your place for intoxication gatherings"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  2. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

Here are the rest.. I didn't know there was a limit of 4 pics per post.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

Wow dude, those are way awesome! VERY nice work! I hope they let us get that in game.

4. Wretched

Wretched Member JFF Member

town/guild should be named poopatrons. and have a big steel statue of ME!

great job btw.

5. Chris

Chris Member JFF Member

Very cool, would be awesome if they let us use that!

6. Ronus

Ronus Member JFF Member

Holy crap Zynn - GREAT job, it looks fantastic!

7. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Neato. Where's Alchy?! Lol

8. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

Thanks!

Again, I'm not sure if they decided to do the city statues at a later time, while they work on more important things, or if they were holding onto that earlier deadline.

If they do accept an entry, and you all approve of it, then Yay... I was pretty much working on it for something to do when I get bored, with no real expectations.

Since this is the high-poly version, I would need to make a low-poly version, as well as the normal/texture maps, and I can even import it to my copy of Unity to make sure everything is fine. I would just need to know the polycount range they are budgeting for the city statues, as well as the resolution of the maps they are using.

Or.. I can just burn the 500MB Zbrush file to a CD and have Deuce, or whoever send it to them so they can make the low-poly version of the model along with normal, texture, and whatever maps they want.

9. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

There's a crap joke in there somewhere.... but the statue is awesome, good work. I hope they can get that into the game!

10. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

Nah, it is actually the Latin adjective for drunkenness/intoxication.

11. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

Holy shit that is awesome Zynn! We will definitely do everything we can to get it in game. I'll try to see if I can get that information for you, but as you eluded to, I'm not sure how quick of a response to expect or if they will just shoot us down from the start. I would hope that once they see it they would want that in their game. Are you ok with me posting it on their forum?

12. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

Sure.. feel free :)

13. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

14. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

Thanks for the support, Deuce! Maybe they have some smaller things I can whip out for either some money, or a combo of dollars and parcels as payment.. Wretched is in a better position than I am at this point. lol VA disability doesn't pay much... :(

15. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

You should send an e-mail to Jason and ask. Let him know you are the one that designed the statue so he can see your work and you just might land something. Seriously give it a shot, what's the worst that can happen.