So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Emerald Dream - WoW 1.12 Server

Discussion in 'PC Games - Lobby' started by Dsan, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

So I mentioned this server in an older post. Figured it's about time to make a thread all its own.

emeralddream.com

The Feenix group has been running a "Blizzard Like" vanilla WoW server since August. It still has some problems, and they don't have a large team, but things get fixed eventually. The original concept for the server was release content in the same order and pace as Blizzard did on the original retail. They seem to have strayed from that slightly...

It's free to play on their server but they will accept donations.

I won't be playing a lot, just a few times each week, but I wouldn't mind hanging out with guys there.

- It appears Rawr is interested in some occasional WoW... MAYBE Lisha too.

Emerald Dream is a PvP server. Ganking is possible but probably less likely since the population is lower than retail.

Bugs I've already noticed myself:
    - Low level Orc quests is bugged
    - Mining nodes are bugged and don't respawn correctly; very low metal resources for crafting.

2. Rawrr

Rawrr Active Member JFF Member

I'm going to be playing this with a friend when I get the chance, but I work a lot right now and only really get a every other weekend to play.

The Orc quest he mentioned that is bugged, is just ONE quest I've found so far.
    and the ore nodes thing is supposedly known about and their trying to fix.

3. Dsan

Yes they do know about it, but the forum posts I found are from December.... so it's kind of slow going. :(

4. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

Whenever people get interested in a game, it would be awesome if they list their character names so anyone reading the forum could find them if they too decide to hop into the game. :)

5. Dsan

Indeed. As soon as I settle on a class/toon I'll do that. :P

Right now it's looking like a Shaman or Rogue... maybe Hunter? lol dammit

6. Zynn

Zynn Member JFF Member

Oh.. sorry. I didn't know that you haven't even decided on a character yet.. hehe

7. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I made a bunch of Alliance toons since you had to pick one side...

8. Dsan

I thought I had decided on Warrior until I realized the ore nodes were all bugged. If they get those fixed I'll probably switch back to that toon.

Alliance is cool too... I've got no problem rolling some toons on each side w/ a 2nd account.

9. Rawrr

Rawrr Active Member JFF Member

I've currently got a horde warrior named Rawrrh.

10. Alicia

I could also make a second account, just to get my Tauren Shaman back...I do miss her.

11. Dsan

I'm currently playing a shaman as the main, I think. Never hurts to have more of 'em though.
    This is the version of the game where Shammies had tanking talents so I may pursue that difficult path!

Also, what races are your alliance? I'd like to pick something close so we don't have to travel across the world - in the event we actually get to play at the same time.

12. Alicia

NE Druid named Gogoyubari
    Human Priest named Amilia
    Gnome Mage named Tinkerspell

The Druid and Mage are level 2, the priest I haven't moved yet.

13. Alicia

Okay, I also made:

Tauren Shaman named Rivertam
    Orc Warlock named Ursela

Now I just need people to hang out with!

14. Dsan

Awesome... I kinda like tinkerspell, and I'd planned to make a dwarf rogue.

15. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

I've never played WoW. So it's Alliance vs Horde?

16. Deuce

Deuce Member JFF Member

Also, did they just restart the server in August? I see forum posts back to April 2012.

17. Dsan

Emerald Dream was launched in August but the forums were active for many months before. Unfortunately it had to compete with the GW2 launch and DDOS attacks which crippled their servers. They also host servers with enhanced xp gain, vanilla and burning crusade alike.

Generally speaking, I've had good experiences on the Feenix servers. ED has some issues but they will hopefully get them ironed out before long. I'm sure it's difficult to maintain operational stability in the free mmo "market", even if they're running what used to be the most popular game in the world.

And yes, it's Alliance (Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf) vs Horde (Orc, Tauren, Troll, Forsaken).

18. Dsan

Okay, I'm going to just make a decision and try to stick with it.

My Horde main will be my Shaman, Torogai.

19. Dsan

Since I forgot how weird it can be get setup for Emerald Dream I thought I'd post the link that Alicia has been showing you guys. :)

http://www.emeralddream.com/guide/windows

Sometimes deleting the WDB folder can help with problems. Apparently the files contained therein are known to become corrupted.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  20. Alicia

If anyone decides to make a forsaken and I"m around let me know...I wanna make one with someone lol