Ciao everyone!

Woodchuck Norris

JFF Member
Heya folks,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself! I'm 26 and living in the sunshine state now with my fiancee and dog, but heading off to veterinary school in Oregon (where I'm originally from) come september. Long time gamer and music-lover.

As far as MMO's I got hooked playing Warhammer Online until the player base was subsumed by RIFT, then SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, and now ArcheAge (level 12 on Alpha-Alpha so I've pretty much seen everything). Also Dota since WCIII days, and definitely where I logged the most hours when I should have been studying. No ragrets!

I expect to sink a good deal of time into ArcheAge, so you're most likely to find me there. Looking forward to getting to know some or all of you!

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Hey there and welcome! Looks like we did things just the opposite. I'm from CA, but now live in OR. =)

Woodchuck Norris

JFF Member
Thanks for the welcome! Wow it's like a parallel universe and we just traded places. What part of Oregon are you in? I grew up in Lake Oswego, but lived in Portland and Eugene at various times. I'm pretty excited to be heading back that way.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the welcome! Wow it's like a parallel universe and we just traded places. What part of Oregon are you in? I grew up in Lake Oswego, but lived in Portland and Eugene at various times. I'm pretty excited to be heading back that way.
I'm in Hillsboro, so just outside of Portland. =)

Rawrr

JFF Member
Welcome....are Guinner and I the only members that don't live in Oregon or Texas?
I don't live in America ;D

Welcome to JFF Woodchuck!

What breed is your dog? and what kind of music are you into? :]

Woodchuck Norris

JFF Member
I don't live in America ;D

Welcome to JFF Woodchuck!

What breed is your dog? and what kind of music are you into? :]
I never realized so many gamers were in OR. Not complaining! Where are you from BigChef?
[MENTION=59]Rawrr[/MENTION]: my dog is a corgi/black lab mutt, just think tiny black lab. Everyone thinks she's a puppy but she's really just apartment-sized. As for music, there's not a genre I can't at least tolerate (something like 300 gigs of music on my computer), but I've been on an indie/blues kick lately. I find myself listening to rock and electronic mostly though. :) Is there a common music fav among folks here?

complexmath

JFF Administrator
Staff member
JFF Supporter
People seem to be all over the map with music here. I used to be a DJ (primarily DnB) and so have a ton of music in that direction but I listen to all sorts of other stuff as well.

complexmath

JFF Administrator
Staff member
JFF Supporter
I have a bunch of little kids and so don't get out much these days, but I'm really digging basically everything coming out of Hospital Records. Most recently, Keeno released a really interesting album (interesting because he has a background in classical music and an operatic singing voice) and Etherwood has been quite a surprise as well, though he's probably well known at this point given how successful his album was last year. Oh, Lung is quite good as well, and probably qualified as lesser known.

Woodchuck Norris

JFF Member
@complexmath Awesome music, just checked out Hospital Records. Ended up getting into Brookes Brothers along the way. Definitely planning on checking out the others you listed. :)

@Filterhaus Thanks for the welcome! Always excellent to see another PNW denizen. Been up to the southern part of Washington a few times to work on my friend's farm. Also hoping to do some kayaking along the coastline when I have the chance. Lovely state!