[Under Consideration] CAT Feature Post to Discord Chat

thcue

CAT Moderator
JFF Member
Hey man great work by the way,

I would love the option to have it announce updates etc in Discord. or maybe some option features even for a bot within Discord? Ideas are welcomed.

Last edited:

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Thanks much!

There are some higher priority items on the list that I need to handle first, but the more people that want this, the more likely it is to get done. =)

thcue

CAT Moderator
JFF Member
Yep I agree just wanted to toss this out there after all is working good ya know? Cheers and tossed in 10 bucks for some Red Bulls for ya.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Yep I agree just wanted to toss this out there after all is working good ya know? Cheers and tossed in 10 bucks for some Red Bulls for ya.
Sounds good, and thank you very much! The energy is appreciated! =)

Xyniik

JFF Member
Actually, I think this is a pretty neat idea considering that there is not ingame RCON. You could maybe associate a bot and make server announcements with it and allow players to "enter custom text" that will come from the bot in the discord channel.

Xyniik

JFF Member
So I was bored and did a little research on how this could be implemented. It looks like the the easiest way to implement this is to have the user create a bot on their discord channel and copy the "Token". The CAT can have a spot in settings to paste this "Token" which will allow commands to be issued to the bot.
I also found this article that walks you through the entire code:
https://cabconmodding.com/threads/c-tutorial-how-to-make-a-discord-bot.1165/

This is the Discord.net Documentation that also shows implementation and commands:
https://media.readthedocs.org/pdf/discordnet/latest/discordnet.pdf

I hope this helps! Thanks Trekkan!

DJThorTX

Hey man great work by the way,

I would love the option to have it announce updates etc in Discord. or maybe some option features even for a bot within Discord? Ideas are welcomed.
that is one of the reasons i have used Proms program, but he no longer supports it. I would love to have this feature as well and am more than happy to donate to the cause. Kind of a must have with no rcon available right now. Going to try your program out today, and thanks for the hard work up to this point. I am sure much appreciated by many server owners.