So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Beta

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls Online' started by Alicia, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Testing out the snazzy new private forums. Just to be clear, BETA starts at 6pm EST and we are all rolling Ebonheart?

2. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

As far as I know, that's correct.

3. Duncan

Duncan Member JFF Member

Yup, it's the Dark Elf life for me... =p

4. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

Argonian ftw?

I want to see Black Marsh!

5. Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal Member JFF Member

6. Chris

Chris Member JFF Member

Whatever dat Nord is.

7. Duncan

Duncan Member JFF Member

TS Channel pw? =p

8. Alicia

There's a pw for a TS channel? lol

9. Dsan

Alrighty, I won't go into too much detail. I've so far played a nightblade w/ sword & board... At first I didn't much like the game, and I'm still not sold on a number of things, but the more I played it the more I liked it. Hopefully it will develop in a manner that we'll appreciate. Besides wanting a new MMO to play with I think it would be a shame for a TES MMO to fail horribly.

Tomorrow I shall try a dual-wield Templar methinks.

10. Dsan

Aaaaand the weekend beta has ended. The game obviously has a ways to go but I finally got in the groove and rather enjoyed this time to play. As usual it was fun to hang out and play with you guys.

Now I'm more curious how TESO will progress from here.

11. Alicia

I got my beta survey and just filled it out. It was a long one! I didn't feel the need to keep playing after Saturday, but I am curious to see where it progresses as well. I'd like to try crafting when that comes out.

12. Trekkan

I only had a couple of hours to try it out, unfortunately that meant doing the same thing I did last beta, trying to make a toon and then going through the beginning stuff. So really, I don't feel like I have a good feel of the game yet. What I did experience felt a lot of "quest, turn in, next quest, turn in" and "How the hell do I navigate this UI?!"

I DO like the game, but at this point, nothing that is compelling me to be all "THIS IS THE BEST MMO EVER!" stuffs. But, it'll be fun for the maybe couple months I play it. That is, at this point, who knows what else is going to be added and that I haven't seen yet, etc... Maybe I'll change my mind and it will be the best MMO ever. ;)

13. Dsan

lol right? I know what you mean and I'm a little skeptical of the game. Over the course of the weekend I went from not interested in release, to interested, to interested with conditions. But, as you say, at no point was I terribly excited about following the development.

I'd be curious to see the results of that exit survey and if they actually use that data.

14. Hyip

Hyip Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

The game was ok. I really wanted to use a bow. I could not figure how how to change weapons without manually swapping which took way to much time. So I didn't. I stopped in the middle of some quests to go do some other things. Had a hard time finding my way back into them.

15. Dsan

It looks like weapon swapping comes at higher level... kind of silly, especially because bow was really hard to use alone.

16. Trekkan

I played a sorcerer or whatever their mage class is... felt like I was throwing rocks at people. After I got to level 3 is was a little better, but my primary attack was still lame. I pretty much just kited the hell out of mobs.

17. Alicia

I didn't feel like that on my sorcerer. Maybe the skill lines we picked? Also, I couldn't kite for crap. They reset too quickly :(

18. Trekkan

I was using some sort of snare spell, so I'd hit 'em with that, damage them, run, hit 'em again with the snare, etc.

19. Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal Member JFF Member

So you are a snare hitter???????

Or a snare damager??????

20. Dsan

Dunno, I thought the destruction staff was one of the most damaging weapons available this time. Fully charged attacks could 2-3 shot mobs. By comparison, the bow would take something like 8 fully charged shots, and the first bow skill didn't help with dps.

To be fair, no one had to use the staff just because they were a sorc.