Battleborn!

I'd like to focus on story-mode first so people can learn Hero's better than a trial by fire in PVP. However, pvp is also doable if everyone is willing/wanting to do that as well.

I'm down. Rather stick to coop/pve myself. PvP is always a good fall back for "end game".

Since it's on a Thursday night I had to choose Might Attend.

Reactions: Alicia
I really don't know much about this game, is it free?

Buy to play is all I can say for now.

However, this event will be for open beta which is lasting a little less than a week. :)

Official launch isn't until May.

Also, any questions, feel free to ask! I'll answer what I'm allowed lol

Here's a video Gearbox put out today that discusses some of the gameplay, story, Heros, factions and such.

Reactions: Trekkan
Officially lol. Pretty sure I already loaded it up through Steam.

Reactions: Alicia
For those that want to learn a little more about the Command Menu.

Reactions: Trekkan
Thanks for giving the story mode a go with me tonight everyone! Looking forward to a few rounds of pvp this weekend if anybody is up for it :)

Reactions: Dsan and Trekkan
Now that beta is over, anybody want to give their impressions? Good/Bad/Ugly

I barely got to play this weekend and still haven't gotten to play much at work(command rank 5) so I guess I'll just get more into it when I get my launch copy.

Overall, I have some friends that played this and Overwatch and preferred Overwatch, some couldn't play at all(too much color vomit and/or headbob/FOV making them sick), some had connection issues or graphics issues, and some want to pre-order and loved it, etc.

Any input from you guys would be good to know :) TY!

For me, the biggest issue I had was the graphics are just way too busy. Sure, they're nice to stand there and look at, but... you never have time to stand there and look at them. I was constantly trying to figure out what's important, what isn't, what's trying to kill me, where to go, etc.

All that being said, I think it's a good game and I'd probably buy it just to do the story mode, but I have no interest in the MP aspects of the game. Which from what I can see are really what they are going for. Mostly because that style of MP just isn't a style I enjoy, not a fault of the game.

Ultimately, I personally won't be buying it, because Sili can't play the game without getting sick, and she's who I'd play it with more than anyone else. Also, while I think 60 bucks for just the story mode (considering the time each mission takes), isn't too bad of a deal. Since that part of the game isn't where the game is heading, there isn't really any replayability in the story mode, and that makes it not worth the money to me.

For all games ever, the dev teams need to provide a FOV slider at least to 100 degrees vertical, and checkboxes to disable motion blur, depth of field, etc. And then have the game tested by someone who's prone to motion sickness. In the little time I played Battleborn I didn't actually have any issues like this, but it bears mentioning anyway.

I didn't find time to play Battleborn this weekend, so all I have to go on is my time from November. Which was that the game seemed fun for what it is, but I apparently don't enjoy MOBAs even in first-person view. And the campaign itself isn't enough to motivate me to pick it up. What I really want is a game that's structured more like Borderlands with drop-in cooperative multiplayer, so hopefully we'll see something like that at some point.

Interestingly, I've heard the same criticisms of Overwatch as Trek has for Battleborn, which is that the game is far too busy in terms of effects, and it's hard to tell what's going on. What I've seen of Overwatch is mostly that people all run into a fray and then there are effects layered on top of effects until everyone is dead, then people respawn and do it again. Personally, I have no interest in picking up Overwatch basically for this reason. If it were a choice between the two I'd get Battleborn. As it is, I'm sticking with Battlefield.