So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Anyone going back?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls Online' started by KrazyGonk, Jan 27, 2015.

1. KrazyGonk

KrazyGonk Member JFF Member

I never played ESO when it first came out. I kinda had a vision that it wouldn't live up to its expectations and when it finally came out the average/poor scores and reviews kinda made me glad i didn't buy into the hype.
    The monthly subscription also bummed me out a little bit although that was not the main reason, however, now that it has dropped the monthly sub is anyone going back?
    I am hopping back into GW2 now and then because of the upcoming update (though i'm in no guild) if people are going back into this i am willing to drop some money to give it a go.

2. Dsan

Dsan Active Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

When it goes F2P I'll give it another look. I actually had a pretty good time playing that game I just couldn't find other people to play with.

Always meant to go back and work on my dragon knight fire "mage".

3. Rawrr

Rawrr Active Member JFF Member

I'm curious, I never played, did it give anyone the Elder Scrolls 'feel'?

Like when Skyrim came out it was like AMAGAWD and then playing it was just kinda special.

4. Dsan

Unfortunately no. It has the very basics of the Elder Scrolls feel but the timing and damage per attack are different. Add in the skill bar and it's only vaguely similar. I think they really missed the mark and should have stuck with, and improved on, Skyrim combat. Probably just my preference but I liked the key combos to get different types of attacks, and hotkeys to "equip" spells and such. TESO went a little too far into standard MMO controls in my opinion. Unless they changed, the field of view was very narrow as well...

That's just the combat of course. The rest of the world was pretty about feeling akin to ES, aside from loading areas and phasing. The model scale is a little different too for some reason.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  5. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I might get bored enough to try it again. I was just totally underwhelmed by it before.

6. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

I didn't think the game was bad, just wasn't anything special about it.

Also, the graphics... yuck! It felt like they went and washed all of the color out of the game. There are no vibrant colors anywhere and everything seems flat and muted. Maybe it's just me, but... it very much wasn't like a Skyrim look at all for me.

Again, I didn't hate the game, there just wasn't much of a reason to play it.

Also, with F2P, that means they're taking things out and going to charge money for them. Having no idea what that is, it might not actually be F2P really. I'll let you guys figure it out for me and let me know. ;)

7. KrazyGonk

KrazyGonk Member JFF Member

My biggest problem that before it came out i thought "whats the first thing you do in an elder scrolls game" and the answer is "whatever i feel like at that moment".
    And with an MMO there will be areas that you simply cant visit because of your level and thus a lack of that elder scrolls feel. Well, thats the main thing that stopped me buying into it anyway

8. Dsan

That is definitely true but, within each zone the feel is very free flowing. Sometimes you'll hit something too difficult but for the most part you can wander around do what you like.