Alpha Build ready for download

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Wow, we leaked something? I got the link from the official forums, and thought the rest of us backers did as well, so...this is confusing....

GM_JamesP

The link to the Client was actually posted here. The link was supposed to be Private for KickStarter backers only. Everything is worked out now though and is fine.

Ronus

JFF Member
The link to the Client was actually posted here. The link was supposed to be Private for KickStarter backers only. Everything is worked out now though and is fine.
[MENTION=775]GM_JamesP[/MENTION]
James (hopefully you will read this),
As one who has posted the link here - I did it to answer questions from some of our members because of the issue with the original email link being broken. It was posted here as a way for the backers to get the correct link and download. If you looked around here, you would have seen that we have MANY members who have backed GM, from $15 - $1000+. There was never any ill intent on the posts here from any member. Unfortunately many (if not all) of the backers here were never able to actually play the Alpha. Most, like myself would only be able to log in and then have the client freeze up in about 10 seconds.

Sorry for posting the link, it won't happen again - BUT it definitely was not done for any reason other than giving the backers here the correct link to get the download.

Ron

Last edited:

GM_JamesP

Ronus, everything is cool. It's just as much our fault for not putting proper security into the Client to start with. There needs to be a correction here though. What was released was Pre-Alpha not Alpha. We will be releasing our Alpha test next month. The New client will be more secure and will hopefully run much more smoother.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
So who turned us in? No one on the GM forums even knows about this website, at least I know I have never referenced it. So was it one of us?

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
So who turned us in? No one on the GM forums even knows about this website, at least I know I have never referenced it. So was it one of us?
If you check the thread, it was a user there. No idea who it really is. They probably just did a search for the filename on Google or something.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Thanks Ronus but I am wanting to find out who on the official forums it was, I have gotten to know some of the people there and would just like to know. The posts in this thread are from James, the lead developer. It was someone else that notified him and that is who I am trying to track down.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Thanks man. I'll quit hounding about this now, it just kinda ticked me off.