So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

7D2D RAT - Remote Admin Tool (Server Manager) 01128

Manage your 7D2D Server, remotely or locally.

1. Buzzaard

Buzzaard New Member

First off nice work! :)
    I was helping a friend out with your tool and noticed a couple of things when I setup my own server.

Version v0.1.10.7
    1. When clicking the Write config button on the Server Settings/Server Configuration tab it capitalizes the first letter in True and False, if the game developers only coded true and false and do not allow TRUE, FALSE, True, or False this can cause a segmentation fault if the remote server is Linux, you should preserve the capitalization.

2. When on the console tab if I change the content type to RAT Logs i see the error "Unable to write to the output location(H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server). please verify the path and try again." This appears to be hard coded somewhere, I would think it should use the path from the Server Settings/Server Configuration tab or from the Back/Ups/Restore tab.
    I have searched every tab and cannot find where to set this. It would be nice if there was a Logs tab under the Server Settings specifically for Logs where you can set this variable.

For users having the server start and crash then restart
    Check if Microsoft .net 4.7 is installed and if it is uninstall it and use the 4.62 version or the one supplied in the downloaded zip file with Rat.

2. Ozzland

Ozzland New Member

Just checking in, Are you going to update for A16, access just dropped today for it, can not get it running with current client.

3. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

Yup, it'll be updated. I've already fixed the issue locally, but there are other A16 changes as well that I need to look into.

4. Ozzland

Ozzland New Member

5. xQQx

xQQx New Member

hey guys! Excellent work on this Manager! I'm loving it!

Found a bug on the Web Map, seems that it's pointing to a fixed port: 8082 but not all the Control Panels are pointing to the port 8080.
    Checking the Allocs Fixes documentation found that the Web Map port is listening on the server's port for Control Panel + 2, so the app should ask for the CP port or check it in the serverconfig.xml if possible and make this port dynamic.

Thanks for your time! Keep the hard work!
    Regards,

6. Trekkan

I'm glad you're liking RAT, thank you. =)

If you are using RAT 01123, check the Teleports/Misc tab, you should be able to set the port there. If not, upgrade and you'll be able to set it. =)

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. xQQx

xQQx New Member

seems that 01123 is not working on Win10 x64 :(

8. Trekkan

As that is what I code RAT with, it very much works with it. ;) You probably need to follow these instructions. =)

9. xQQx

xQQx New Member

still not working :( program starts but no window appears, after a few seconds the process dies

10. Trekkan

Can you get on Discord? At least text chat there? I can help you better then instead of through messages here. =)

11. Trekkan

Trekkan updated 7D2D RAT - Remote Admin Tool (Server Manager) with a new update entry:

Huge Update (A16 Support, Discord Support and more!) READ THE PATCH NOTES!!!! =)

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Scorpo Sadek

Scorpo Sadek New Member 7D2D RAT Supporter

Just set up my own dedicated server and found this tool on one of Vendui's videos. Wanted to thank you Trekkan for putting this together and sharing it with the 7DTD community! Kudos, my friend. I wasn't able to get it to run without crashing on my client machine, but it works just fine on the server itself. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  13. varimathras

varimathras New Member

After tried with all the manager I founded this and it a very good, but I have a problema.
    I already running the server after having troubles with telnet, but now I already put the allocs fixes in the folder of the server but doesnt recognise it.
    I dunno if im missing something because I cant see players stadistics o the server day and the hour

14. Trekkan

RAT also requires the BCM mod. The alloc's/BCM lights won't go green until BCM is installed as well. You can find it here: Release Version 2.2.3 stable · 7days2mod/BadCompanySM · GitHub

15. varimathras

varimathras New Member

I have a final question, If I install this mod on my server, does everyone has to install manually it or when they connect it will auto download to their folders ?

16. varimathras

varimathras New Member

And another question, I was looking to improve the server FPS but I didnt found any option in the manager or any post talking about it.
    Is there any way to improve them or any option to optimize the server ?
    Im already changing my Intel i5 for a i7 7700k, but in my computer im not running anything but the server, is there anything that could make the fps down?

17. Trekkan

This is a server side only mod, so your users don't need to worry about anything. =)

There aren't really many options for this really, other than better hardware. You can do some things like change the number of zombies and whatnot, but really, that's about it (that I'm aware of). The game itself hasn't really been optimized yet, so there's hope! ;)

18. varimathras

varimathras New Member

I really thanks you Trekkan for the aswers and your time, I'm already buying some new part to make another computer for the server, the server already takes 40% of my i5 and playing with my server people takes it to 100% sometimes 90% xD thats the reason for making a computer apart for the server.
    I hope the developers optimize a little the game next updates but I will keep trying new configuration to make up the fps
    Thanks for your time : )