So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

750Mbit over phone lines?

Discussion in 'Electronics and Computing' started by Trekkan, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

2. Thod

Thod THUNDERLOINS!!!! JFF Member

Only problem is what will the phone compines try to charge you for install, mothly maintaince, online tech support and such. Like the old addage says.... "don't put the cart before the horse" or in this term the greedy pig.

3. panzerghost

panzerghost Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

It's a nice idea but with gigabit fiber already rolling out; I'm not sure the use of it. Sure the infrastructure is already in place (theoretically) and competition can't hurt but I'm still skeptical.

4. complexmath

complexmath JFF Administrator Staff Member JFF Supporter

I can see it being useful for a few years for sure. I just upgraded uverse from 30->60Mbit and in order to do that they had to install a second line and give me a fancy router that bonds the two phone lines. Clearly 30Mbits is some kind of limit with their current tech. And it's way cheaper to do something like uverse (DSL to the DSLAM) than wire fiber directly to every home.